2010 GMC Acadia lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 GMC Acadia:

2010 GMC Acadia Owner Comments

Jul 122016

We have a 2010 GMC Acadia that has had multiple low beam headlights going out. The whole headlight assembly has been an issue as per many complaints in various forums online. GMC knows they have issues with the power to these units and will not do anything to replace. I have replaced seven low beams in total between both lights. These can go out and come back on at various times also giving the drivers a false sense of security. I have included word doc of online communication today after removal of personal information with GMC and the only solution is at a local service GMC level. The ending comment speaks volumes that if GMC sees enough complaints they will then consider a recall. Being a fire chief I believe this is totally unacceptable due to the possible loss of headlamps. The other note was my mileage was to high as my vehicle was just over 100,000 miles. This issue was taking place for the last few years. They need to do a recall on all of these headlight assemblies. I have dated this issue today even though the last time this issue started was about 4 months ago.

- Lima, OH, USA

Mar 302015

The contact owns a 2010 GMC Acadia. The contact stated that the vehicle experienced stalling. In addition, the exterior headlamps melted the wires and the check engine warning indicator illuminated. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was diagnosed that the timing chain fractured and the wires needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The VIN and failure mileage were not provided.

- Morehead, KY, USA

Aug 122013

A few months after purchasing a certified 2010 Acadia the passenger low beam would work intermittent. I took it to the dealer and was told it would cost me over $1000 for them to fix it even though it was still under warranty. I few months later the passenger side low beam started to do the same. I again took it to the dealer and was told it was not there problem and would fix it if I paid for the fix. Now neither low beam will work and I have to use the fog lights if I want to drive at night. The visibility is terrible and unsafe. This was an issue GM and the dealer knew before selling the vehicle to me.

- Lemoore Ca, CA, USA

Jun 112012

Drivers side and passengers front headlights, these lights I have replaced multiple times even getting a ticket for 1 instance this is a safety related issue that needs to be fixed by

- Spring Creek, NV, USA

Aug 282014

Acadia 6-cyl

My front daytime light starting going of and on and then stopped-working and when it was checked by the GMC dealer they found that the light frame has been melted and it would not hold a light. They would not fix it unless I paid $1,100 which I would not do. Called GMC and three times and each time they said they would call me back which they did not do. I called back again and without even talking to me said I agreed to pay part of the cost which I did not do. I am left with an unsafe SUV.

- Jacksonville, NC, USA

Mar 042014

Acadia 6-cyl

The brake lights will remain on at times even when the brakes are not being used. Also the traction control and electronic stability control will randomly turn off (frequently) and the dealerships are unable to tell me why and how to fix it. The cruise control at times will not work.

- Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Jan 302013

Acadia 6-cyl

The driver's side low beam light kept going off and on. A week later I pulled the bulb to find the wire connector melted. I called GMC and found out they do not make the pigtail and I would have to replace the whole wire harness for all of the lights. I checked on Acadia and seen where GMC Acadia has had this issue since 2008 and have done nothing about it. I will be checking for after market places to get a pigtail for the assembly, but it is my belief that if GMC would have manufactured this correctly, there wouldn't be an issue.

- Newport, PA, USA

Sep 072012

Acadia 6-cyl

Low beam headlight bulb continues to overheat, blow out and melt housing unit around bulb. GMC states it is my responsibilty to replace it because now my vehicle is out of warranty, even when my vehicle was in warranty when this started. Estimated cost $915. I have had the headlight bulbs replaced at least 3 times within 6-7 months. I have had to pay for the bulb and "labor" which could run as high as $50 a hour.

- Patterson, GA, USA

Mar 222013

The contact owns a 2010 GMC Acadia. The contact stated that the driver's side headlight assembly fractured. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was confirmed that the assembly fractured. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not contacted. The failure and current mileages were approximately 60,000. The VIN was unavailable.

- Sturbridge, MA, USA

Feb 012013

Acadia 6-cyl

Noticed drivers side daytime running light was out on GMC Acadia 2010. Husband went to replace bulb and discovered housing had completely melted( headlight still worked), he then decided to check passenger light that still worked and it is melted too! this has to be dangerous. I am contacting GMC to see what they can do. This should definitely be a recall.

- Maysville, NC, USA

Nov 192011

My drivers side headlight went out, I originally thought it was due to bulb life. When I changed the bulb I found that the harness socket where the bulb plugs into was burnt/melted. I proceeded to change the bulb anyway to see the result. 5 minutes later the light bulb burnt out again. This looks to be a serious fire hazard and I believe there should be a recall completed for further investigation. This was for the low beam light bulb.

- Yorkville, IL, USA

Aug 272010

2008 GMC Acadia sl right (passenger side) low beam connector and bulb burn't and wires have been melted.

- Katy, TX, USA

Jul 132010

While driving my 2009 GMC Acadia the passenger low beam went out. Upon opening the hood when I stopped I noticed the distinct odor of burnt plastic. Upon further evaluation while removing the bulb I observed that the insulation for the wiring harness had melted off and shorted at the interface between the wire and connector. The contact for the bulb also exhibited charring at the connector contact. An internet search for a replacement bulb alerted me that there is a service bulletin (09-08-42-004) addressing the replacement of this harness should the headlight fail. I feel this is a oem design flaw and safety issue since the harness can short out to the point to where the insulation is melted completely off exposing bare wires.

- Trussville, AL, USA