NHTSA — Unknown Or Other Problems

2010 GMC Acadia miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 GMC Acadia:

2010 GMC Acadia Owner Comments

Nov 292016

Acadia

Water leak into the ac- blower fan, the major safety issue here is the front defroseter wont be working simply cause the fan stops working due to it being submerged in water. This issue has been noted by many users and requires investigation, I believe. Here is a detailed link to a youtube showing the exact same issue, and I will attach pictures from my own car with the problem shown, https://www.youtube.com/watch?V=fnykjlhusxi I went to a service center where the tech. Told me he has seen many of these and it is caused by a faulty hose connector and the dash has to be taken out to get it fixed. Please watch the video on youtube. Thank you.

- Riyadh, AL, USA

Jun 012016

Acadia

The evaporator core on my and many other GMC is prone to failure. From my research it is not if this part is going to fail but when. The part itself it not very expensive but the way vehicle is designed causes this to be a $2000+ repair. Once the part fails the temperature in your vehicle soars so high that it makes the vehicle undrivable. You can no longer regulate the temperature and get the heat directly off the engine. The metal parts around any of the vents become hot to the touch. We have been forced to have our children sit in the back so that they don't touch the vents. Since this part fails so frequently they should recall it to replace it in all GMC trucks.

- Aurora, IL, USA

Oct 262015

Acadia

Current recall states: "the affected vehicles, equipped with the power liftgate option, have gas struts that hold the power liftgate up when open. These struts may prematurely wear and the open liftgate may suddenly fall." My vehicle is currently having this problem. The back lift gate will open and then with great force closes down quickly. This is an extreme safety concern as I was struck by it on Monday 10/26/2015 when the problem initially occurred. After speaking with GMC there is currently no resolve. This is a huge safety concern as I have two young children, and no resolution is not acceptable.

- Hartland, WI, USA

May 082015

Acadia

Air conditioning went out. It needs front evaporative core. GM is aware of this, it is almost a $2,000 repair and they just ignore it.

- Solon, OH, USA