2011 GMC Acadia miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 GMC Acadia:

2011 GMC Acadia Owner Comments

Aug 062016

I had an accident in 8/6 where I car in parking (P) and all of sudden a very accelarate noise came from the engine and locked me and my husband inside, we couldnt open the door and not even to turn off because the keya got stock in the ignation. Speed up over 30 miles an hour against a neighbor house causing damages and sending me to the hospital.. I want GMC to contact me asap. Fyi. The is video to prove it.

- Jersey City, NJ, USA

Aug 042016

Our nite mare began December 2015 purchase of this vehicle has been in shop more then we've driven it, first thoughts on non starting was needed bigger battery, did that, second they thought battery issues again, an third time of non starting suppose able bad ground on transmission, did that, fourth time another ground on transmission bad, fifth time thought some thing electrical, put in some sort of transmission module, sixth time brain part, seventh time the back hatch an 8th time they have no idea its in shop still from August 4th last time drove anit lock brakes came on an slowed our speed from 55 to 30 we were all scared

- Whiting, VT, USA

Dec 012011

Takata recall

- Hamilton, OH, USA

Jan 082016

Steering wheel completely locked up during a turn a couple of weeks ago. Then last week I couldn't shift into reverse to get out of driveway. Had it towed to dealer. $1500 later I have new shifter and some sort of new gears in steering wheel. Looked it up and there is a class action law suit with millions of people having the same problem, yet still not covered under a recall. My vehicle only has 48000 miles on it this should not have happened if there weren't some sort of defect in manufacture.

- Chittenango, NY, USA

Jul 252015

I went to open the back of my Acadia, pushed the button and as it raised I started to put a window in the back and the liftgate made a strange noise and before I knew it the liftgate started to come down while I was still holding the didn't stop even though it hit me and made my face hit the edge of the window and I had to push back really hard and then squirm my way out still holding the window. Prior to this happening, I have had no issues with the liftgate.

- Delta Junction, AK, USA