2012 GMC Acadia accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 GMC Acadia:

2012 GMC Acadia Owner Comments

Jul 232015

1. the power lift gate on my vehicle failed on 7/23/15. When it opened, it went all of the way up automatically and then came crashing back down and nearly hit me in the head. 2. the failure from that point on happens each and every time so I had to turn the feature off. 3. I contacted both GM directly and spoke to a local dealership twice (hare Chevrolet in noblesville, in) and both told me that there is a recall on this item but no solution and subsequently no parts have been manufactured to correct problem. I was told that I could fix it out of my own pocket (with the same suspected faulty parts) but there was no guarantee I would be reimbursed as a result I have not been able to use my power lift gate in four months now. I received a recall notice in August with no updates in three months. I spoke to the dealership on 10/31/15 and was told there was no update on this recall.

- Westfield, IN, USA

Aug 012013

The contact owns a GM aftermarket air deflector (part number: 1927884) being used on a 2012 GMC Acadia. The contact was driving 70 mph when the center plastic tie fractured and caused the deflector to crash into the windshield of the vehicle. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The deflector was not replaced. The serial number and VIN was not available. The failure mileage was unavailable.

- Odessa , TX, USA