2012 GMC Acadia body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 GMC Acadia:

2012 GMC Acadia Owner Comments

Jan 172015

Acadia 4WD 6-cyl

I opened the rear tailgate and while taking an object out of the back of the vehicle, the tailgate came crashing down on my head with great force. After physically recovering, I tested the tailgate and the issue repeated itself. I called kitahara GMC in fresno, ca and scheduled a service appointment. Kitahara replaced the parts, but I was told that it is a wear part and that because there are no recalls there is no way for them to guarantee that the issue won't happen again. I called General Motors to report the issue and they offered $100 toward an oil change and tire rotation and claimed that they do not issue recalls. I am reporting this issue to the NHTSA, because I fear that this default is extremely dangerous and could cause severe injury or even death depending on the situation at the time of malfunction.

- Fresno, CA, USA