2012 GMC Acadia body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 GMC Acadia:

2012 GMC Acadia Owner Comments

Sep 272016

Acadia

The vehicle was in motion near an intersection and approaching the light to turn. ( near airport in raleigh nc) the front and side airbags failed to deploy during the crash. The other vehicle has been declared total loss and mine has significant damage and could be classified as total loss. There are personal injuries. I am attaching pictures of the vehicle and accident report.

- Cary, NC, USA

Apr 242016

Acadia

Takat recall-I had my recall done on the liftgate in 2015. Yesterday my wife was getting bags of car and it fell on her head. She felt it and slide quickly from under. She already have problems with her head from other things..

- Brooklyn, NY, USA

Feb 072016

Acadia

The contact owns a 2012 GMC Acadia. The contact stated that the lift gate secure system failed causing the lift gate to release hitting the contacts head. Medical attention was not required. The dealer informed the contact that the vehicle was not included in NHTSA campaign number: 15V415000 (structure). The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage and the VIN were not available.

- Newton, NC, USA

Jan 162016

Acadia

The contact owns a 2012 GMC Acadia. The contact stated that the life gate failed. The contact was struck on the back and the shoulder. There were no injuries reported. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where the lift gate strut was replaced. The vehicle was previously repaired under NHTSA campaign number: 15V415000 (structure). The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 53,000.

- Saratoga, CA, USA

Aug 152015

Acadia

When stationary and using the back life gate. Back lift gate will open, then violently come down about 10-12 inches. Very likely to injure. If you hold it up, it seems to push down. If you are holding it up, when you let go it violently slams shut. It could severely injure someone. I was told by GMC that my vehicle was not part of a current recall for other GMC Acadias -- for the exact same issue.. they will not cover the repair as part of the recall, since my vehicle is not part of their recall. I am reluctant to have it repaired myself, as I believe it is the exact same issue address in the recall. If you shut off the power lift gate it becomes even more dangerous, as the heavy door will violently slam shut when you let it go. The date is a guess. No serious injuries, just some small bumps on the head -- but it has a possibility of injuring futher, for a shorter person or child.

- Red Wing, MN, USA

Aug 032015

Acadia

The contact owns a 2012 GMC Acadia. The contact received a notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V415000 (structure); however, the part for the recall was not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Loveland, OH, USA

Dec 122014

Acadia

6/18/15 liftgate came crashing down on my head so the struts were replaced at dealership for $116.72 plus tax. There is a recall #15240 for this repair. But my car was built on 3/8/2012 which is 9 days after the recall dates you submitted. This date needs to be extended. More investigation needs to be looked into this and obviously my car in within the parameters of this recall. Are they waiting for someone to get hit so hard in the head and be killed. I would hope not. On Dec 12, 2014 secondly there is a problem that at 46000 miles the steering pump went out dealership told me to keep the receipt that they are seeing more of this type of repair. This repair cost me $2000. Can this be looked into also. No steering pump should go out with such low mileage. While steering you could hear a whining noise.

- Aurora, IL, USA

Jun 292015

Acadia

The contact owns a 2012 GMC Acadia. The contact received a recall notification for NHTSA campaign number: 15V415000 (structure) and stated that the part needed was unavailable to perform the recall repair. The contact also stated that the rear liftgate landed on his back. No injuries were reported. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was unknown. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Woodstock, GA, USA

Jun 232015

Acadia

The contact owns a 2012 GMC Acadia. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V415000 (structure) however the part to do the recall repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Aurora, CO, USA

Aug 202015

Acadia

After my liftgate opened, it shuddered and came crashing 3/4's of the way down. Had I been in the way, I would have been hit and undoubtedly injured. Very dangerous situation which has caused me to be unable to use my vehicle for which it is intended - I cannot access the cargo area for loading and unloading heavy and large items.! I purchased this vehicle explicitly for it's large cargo area and easy accessibility. I now have a very difficult time loading and unloading heavy and bulky items from the backseat of my car.

- Oldtown, ID, USA

Oct 062014

Acadia 6-cyl

As power liftgate was opening, I started to retrieve items from back of vehicle. All of a sudden, as the liftgate reached the top of it's opening range, it immediately slammed down about 12 inches, hitting me in the head and causing severe neck pain, and continued to travel down. At this point, I am unsure what the actual defect is as I have not taken the vehicle to GM yet to be diagnosed. In googling this issue, I came across another person that had the same thing happen. "I made a report to the NHTSA. The number is 10464171"

- Wilmington, NC, USA