2012 GMC Acadia wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 GMC Acadia:

2012 GMC Acadia Owner Comments

Mar 282015

Acadia 6-cyl

I discovered a flat tire and called aaa to put on my spare. They said the spare "donut" had dangerous rust on the bolt holes and refused to mount the rim on my vehicle.they cited a case in a prior week where they mounted a rim like this and it fell off the car.these rusty rims are mounted under the vehicle and represent an unsafe situation. I called GM and they referred me to the dealership. The dealership called GM and they agreed, as a one time courtesy, to replace the rim.the next day, they called and said they wouldn't replace it but would give me$100 gift card. I said, I need a spare, not a gift card. I sent another E-mail explaining how disappointed I was with them backing down on their word and they offered me road hazard coverage, again I refused and stated I need a safe spare tire I think these spare wheels should be recalled or at least inspected--they are unsafe..and no one's going to notice it until it's too late. I'll have to go through the expense of buying a new spare--the one that came with my care is unsafe and dangerous.

- Webster, NY, USA