9.3

2013 GMC Acadia engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 GMC Acadia:

2013 GMC Acadia Owner Comments

Mar 132013

Acadia 6-cyl

My vehicle has completely shut off 4 times in the past 2 years while driving, thank god there was no accident. Also my power door locks have locked and unlocked repeatedly by themselves without pressing any button in vehicle or key fob. The locks will go up and down until I shut the car off and then restart. The locks has happened 6 times. Also, my electric power steering gear(rack) needed to be replaced at 30000 miles. There were 2 recalls one for airbags and one for seatbelts. This vehicle is unsafe and frankly dangerous, thank god it never shut off on a highway. I have brought it to two different GMC dealer service centers and they can not diagnose or recreate the problem which means they cannot fix these problems. I don't know if this is isolated to just my vehicle or this is a problem related to this particular model and year car. I do not feel safe driving this car, please help us. Thank you.

- Scranton, PA, USA

Sep 182013

Acadia

The contact owns a 2013 GMC Acadia. While driving approximately 5 mph, the accelerator pedal was depressed and the front tires spun without the vehicle moving. The engine stability and traction lights illuminated. In addition, the contact noticed smoke emitting from the engine. The failure recurred on numerous occasions. The vehicle was taken to a dealer. The technician was unable to diagnose or repair the vehicle. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 1,800.

- Hayward, CA, USA