2003 GMC Envoy engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 GMC Envoy:

2003 GMC Envoy Owner Comments

Aug 201916

Envoy LX 4.2L

Turning on the car in the morning, and shift to drive, a dragging noise coming from engine or transmission which is annoying and will last for at least 7 minutes before it gets to normal driving sound, you can hear the dragging noise when stepping the brake pedal while it is on drive mode, but not on reverse mode.

I brought the car to shop and checked the brakes and they all look good. Had replaced the transmission oil. But the problem is still there.

- , la Habra, CA, USA

Feb 012011

Envoy SLE V6

My 2003 GMC Envoy has been a great vehicle, until now. I have taken it to different mechanics and they have no idea what the problem is. Nothing shows up when they plug it in. I am losing MPG. It only does this on hot days. If I get up to 3 to 4 thousand rpms quickly the noise will go away but will come back if I am sitting in a drive thru or turn it off and restart.

- , Commerce City, CO, USA

Mar 012010

Envoy SLE 6 cyl

I have taken my vehicle several times for this same problem each time my service guy at Beck Master Pontaic, GMC will tell me there is nothing wrong. When I start off in the morning or during the day my vehicle sounds like it is hard to pull or it will make this noise like a jet engine.

- , Augusta, GA, USA