1.2

2003 GMC Envoy suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 GMC Envoy:

2003 GMC Envoy Owner Comments

Jun 082015

Envoy 4WD 6-cyl

Dear sir/madam, I have a 2003 GMC Envoy slt model 4.2L V6 4WD and as I was backing into my garage I heard a loud bang and whinning noise and I now have no reverse gear and when I select the drive gear on the automatic transmission I have a whinning noise, I have read the blogs on this issue and I believe that GM and GMC are very aware of this problem, this repair will cost me up to $2,800 plus tax to have the transmission removed and a re-manufactured on replaced on my vehicle. I was just glad that this matter happened at my residence and not on some back road in West va., I believe that as stated, GM and GMC is very aware of the problem with the 4L603 transmission that were used in these vehicles' and the problem with the sun-shell and the reaction sun gears that are like a grenade exploding inside the transmission. I would like for a recall to be started on this problem and the owners to be paid back on all of these repairs. The consumer stated the air ride suspension that was installed on the vehicle is dangerous. The air ride suspension deflated on both sides on the rear of the vehicle, which caused the vehicle to bottom out on stops. Updated 07/08/15

- Alum Creek, WV, USA