2004 GMC Envoy drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 GMC Envoy:

2004 GMC Envoy Owner Comments

Jul 172010

Envoy SLT 4.2L

just would think that GMC would do a recall and fix this so I would keep coming back when I buy a new suv etc.. they have lost my next 40,000 when I go buy a new suv again ! I understand that they all have complaints etc... but it's how they deal with it that will get me to send another 40,000 !! bye GMC !!

- , Hamilton, Ontario, Canada

Oct 012009

Envoy ES 4.6L

2004 GMC Envoy has more abnormal noises than any other auto (9) I have owned. Recently I have noticed a clank under the vehicle when I have to slow down and then accelerate (example slowing to turn corner or curve). Now the vehicle has a steady humming sound when I accelerate. Help - any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. It has been unprofessionally suggested to be u-joint or rear end. If so, would that be covered under the drive train warrant?

- , Kansas City, MO, USA