1995 GMC Safari engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1995 GMC Safari:

1995 GMC Safari Owner Comments

Jan 012009

Safari V6 Vortec

Check engine light pinpointing problem would be nice. Can someone please help further my search on solving problem?

- , Antelope, CA, USA

Feb 262009

Safari V6

Again I have a 95 Safari Van. My van stalls everytime we stop at a stop sign or light. The van shakes it seems like when we stop the van sounds like its choking. Then thats when it turns off. I tried to take it to a mechanic and they said that the check engine light needs to come on so they know exactly what is wrong with it. There solution is to fix certain sensors but we don't know which ones exactly. I have to invested anymore money on trying to figure out what is wrong with. Just a waste of time. Because I know there are gonna try to jerk me. No thanks. Anyone with any fixing solutions.

- , Rialto, CA, USA

Jun 012003

While making left turns the van will stall out, most of the time it will not kill the engine. This has been going on for the past several months, usually when the gas tank was on the last 1/4 or lower. Now it stalls and the engine dies even if the tank is full, still mostly while making left turns, occasionally while making right turns. please let me know what you might think is the problem, the fuel pump is over $400.00. thank you

- , Golden, CO, USA