2001 GMC Safari
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: Is the 2001 Safari going to win any beauty pageants? Probably not. But it's reliable, can fit a ton of stuff (and tow a bunch more). Good luck finding a used one with reasonable mileage, however.
Worst 2001 Safari Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- brakes problemsNHTSA: 16
- electrical problemsNHTSA: 9
- engine problemsNHTSA: 5
- lights problemsNHTSA: 5
- windows / windshield problemsNHTSA: 4
- steering problemsNHTSA: 4
- exterior accessories problemsNHTSA: 3
- seat belts / air bags problemsNHTSA: 2
- interior accessories problemsNHTSA: 2
- body / paint problemsNHTSA: 2
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 1
- wheels / hubs problemsNHTSA: 1
- fuel system problemsNHTSA: 1
Stay Up to Date
Compare GMC Safari Model Years
Curious how the 2001 Safari compares to other years?
Check out our GMC Safari overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Safari.