1996 GMC Safari electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1996 GMC Safari:

1996 GMC Safari Owner Comments

May 182005

I was driving my 1996 Safari for 3 consecutive days with the usual problem ( Check engine light on, The directional lights sometimes working, the heater control working on one setting only, the dome lights blinking sometimes when accelerating, the wipers working on the high setting only ) I got home on a Friday afternoon and parked the Van under a tree and left there for 3 days, this morning I was ready to go to work and to my surprise the whole power from the battery is gone, no power, nada, out kaput. the first thing I did was checking to see if the lights switch was left on but no, everything looks to be in order. can someone tell me if they had a similar problem, and if they do please help me. looks like the problem was getting bigger and bigger and now is super big. should I call a Priest and exorcise it.

- , Elmwood Park, IL, USA