CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2003 GMC Astro has a reliable reputation and a very low number of complaints.

Much like it's mechanically identical counterpart, the Chevy Astro, the Safari was built on a truck powertrain. So not only can you haul lots of gear inside, but you can tow up to 5,500 pounds of gear behind you too. That's a lot of stuff.

$1,600.00

2003 GMC Safari engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 GMC Safari:

2003 GMC Safari Owner Comments

Dec 262008

Safari

My GMC 2003 Safari only has 28,000 miles on it and I have had it towed twice due to a DEXCOOL problem. I tried to keep driving but it finally broke down totally. They towed it to the Dealer in Cincinnati where I bought it and it cost me $1,600.00 to have it fixed! They said I had to pay it because the law suit for the dexcool was already settled. I feel this is so unfair with many of us that have a GMC with the dexcool problems. I have to pay for THEIR mistake. I am very angry.

- , Cincinnati, OH, USA