3.0

2001 GMC Sierra 1500 electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 GMC Sierra 1500:

2001 GMC Sierra 1500 Owner Comments

Oct 102007

Sierra 1500 4WD 8-cyl

While driving I tilted my steering wheel and the headlights stopped working. I found that as I moved the wheel up and down there was a spot at which the lights would stop working. After going to the dealership I they found that a wire in the junction block of the multifunction switch (blinker assembly) had shorted out causing the lights to go out. Dealership replaced the multifunction switch.

- Clarkston, MI, USA