$1,500.00

1. replace brake lines (1 reports)
2003 GMC Sierra 1500 brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 GMC Sierra 1500:

2003 GMC Sierra 1500 Owner Comments

Apr 242015

Sierra 1500 SLE 5.3L

I've seen this rust problem coming on for several years and there wasn't any way to stop it. I'm a retired GM brake components plant employee and know that our components had to pass salt spray endurance testing in Reliability. I don't know who supplied these brake lines but this is just wrong. My "56" Chevy brake lines are still good.

Update from Sep 5, 2015: Another brake line has failed. Pedal went to the floor at a restaurant and I had to call AAA. No damage or anyone hurt.

- , Dayton, OH, USA