4.0

2000 GMC Sonoma engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 GMC Sonoma:

2000 GMC Sonoma Owner Comments

Nov 242007

Sonoma SLS 2.2L 4 cyl

I was going about 60 and then when I hit the gas the rpms went to red then I tried to hit the gas again the rpms went to 0 when I pulled over I turned the ignition off and then it started. I then shut it off again and it started but puttered out after a min. then it wouldnt start at all crank but not start. My mechanic tried putting new fuel pump and nothing. HELP!

- , Brenham, TX, USA