4.0

1996 GMC Suburban drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1996 GMC Suburban:

1996 GMC Suburban Owner Comments

Jul 032008

Suburban SLT K1500 5.7L

I was driving on the freeway doing about 60-65mph when I accidentally bumped the 4wd button, I felt a slight jerk I looked down and the tight on the button was flashing 4wd hi, so I quickly pushed it back to 2wd. Ever since that day when i go to engage the 4wd system it just clics and the 4wd hi light just flashes but will not go into 4wd. Does anyone have a clue on how or what I can do to fix this?.

- , West Milwukee, WI, USA