2007 GMC Yukon seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 GMC Yukon:

2007 GMC Yukon Owner Comments (Page 2 of 3)

Nov 012013

Yukon

Cracks in dash around airbag will cause injury with deployment. Cracks on the dash will cause I just in accident.

- Canyon Lake, CA, USA

Apr 202014

Yukon

Dashboard is cracked at both corners of the passenger air bag as well as over the steering wheel dash (plastic used to make these dashes is the cause of the cracking in 2007-2013 GM and Chevrolet trucks). I am extremely concerned that in the event of an accident; either the cracked plastic will cause the air bag to puncture (serious life safety concern) or the pieces of cracked plastic will be projectiles and possible be harmful to all passengers of the vehicle. Apparently GM has stated that the plastic used to make these dashboards is the cause of all of these cracks however they will not issue a recall. There are class action suits being looked into but the 2007 - 2009 vehicles are out of this group because of the bankruptcy that GM filed. I do not feel that the government bail out and bankruptcy should relieve them of the life safety issue these cracked dashes are causing. There is an entire face book page with 3,323 members that have been unable to get GM to replace their dashes. This is completely unacceptable. Someone must have to be killed in an accident before they will issue a recall.

- Vacherie, LA, USA

Jul 152010

Yukon

Dashboard cracking from driver side to air bag on passenger side could deflate air bag if deployed dealer and General Motors offered no help and they will repair for $1050

- Lamar, MS, USA

Nov 102015

Yukon

Airbag light is on. Dealer finds R/F impact sensor. Code-B008439. Chevy-GMC-states 3 year 10,000 mile warranty with vehicle has expired.mileage on vehicle is 43,592. Cost will be around $400. I find this is a safety issue with a factory part. Chevy-GMC should take care of this issue. It's all about safety!. thank-you.

- Medford, MA, USA

Sep 012015

Yukon

The dash is cracked near the airbag and I am concerned for the safety of my passengers if an accident were to occur.

- Cairo, GA, USA

Jun 012015

Yukon

Front dash on the vehicle has cracked around the air bags. This is a safety concern. If the air bags deploy, the cracked plastic will act as shrapnel, causing serious damage.

- Los Angeles, CA, USA

Mar 062015

Yukon

The contact owns a 2007 GMC Yukon. While driving approximately 60 mph, the contact crashed into another vehicle. The air bags failed to deploy. There were no injuries and a police report was filed. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 180,000. The VIN was not available.

- Meridian, MS, USA

Dec 152014

Yukon

The contact owns a 2007 GMC Yukon. The contact stated that while driving 35 mph, the air bag warning light illuminated. The failure occurred multiple times. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 152,000.

- Centralia, KS, USA

Sep 012013

Yukon 8-cyl

I noticed cracks opening near the front passenger airbag area and on the top of speedometer cluster. Contacted the GM and I was told a series of excuses such as: "your warranty is over", "you bought the car used ( I bought it from a GM dealer under the pre-owned warranty)", or "maybe you used products that crack the plastic!" after a brief research I found out tens of thousands of complaints about GM made vehicles with the same problem. The crack open at the same exact spots, down to the millimeter, and it happen in the brand new cars as well as the older ones. It is clear that this is a manufacturer defective item, and result of a wrong design. GM does not replace the part unless we pay for it. They are not concerned that parts could fly into the cabin as a result of the air bag deployments and refuse to address the issue. Our cars loose also their value with a defective/broken dash board. The funniest excuse by GM was: "oh, the dash parts are made in Mexico! you know how the mexicans are!"

- Sherman Oaks, CA, USA

Aug 012013

Yukon 4WD 8-cyl

It appears as though there have been several people affected by cracked dashboard on gms. The major concern is that this design flaw will obstruct the airbags. My car is no different. I'm have two cracks in my dash similar to the multitude of others complaining about the same thing. The dash is continuous and extremely expensive for consumers to eat the cost of this design flaw.

- Johnson City, TN, USA

Apr 052013

Yukon 8-cyl

In April of 2013 I took my GMC into dealership because of the crack that started above my instrument panel and was traveling toward my airbag. The dealer said they were aware of the issue and that GM had repaired some but was no longer doing so. He also said that if they replaced the dash with a new one, it would do the same thing. The crack has continued to travel and now my airbag panel is raised on the dash. I contacted GM and they offered to split the cost of the repair at $400-$500 with no warranty on the repair. They agreed that it is a safety issue. My interior door latches also began peeling which left sharp edges of plastic (?)-my daughter sliced her finger opening the passenger side door from the inside. GM at first refused to replace them in April of 2013 but as of today, offered to replace them at no cost to me.

- Glendale , AZ, USA

Jun 162014

Yukon 8-cyl

Very large cracks in the dashboard that can potentially affect use of air bags on both driver and passenger side of vehicle. Potential for punctures in bags from sharp plastic edges of cracked dashboard.

- Round Rock, TX, USA

Jan 012014

Yukon 8-cyl

Crack in dash behind the steering wheel to the left of the hump. Was told that it could compromise the airbag. Needs to be a recall on this, as I see that many, many other people have this same problem.

- Louisburg, NC, USA

Jan 012013

Yukon

My dash cracked and separated right where the dash meets the airbag. My concern is about the safety during a collision or airbag deployment from sharp plastic exposed due to the cracks in the dash cutting the airbag or shards of plastic becoming projectiles potentially causing injury to occupants. I can provide pictures if needed.

- Bullard, TX, USA

Apr 102014

Yukon 8-cyl

My dash cracked and is very sharp.. I am worried about it in an accident with the airbag.

- Tucson, AZ, USA

Dec 182013

Yukon

The contact owns a 2007 GMC Yukon. The contact stated the service air bag light spontaneously illuminated. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not alerted of the failure. The failure mileage was 120,000.

- Southfield, MI, USA

Feb 272014

Yukon 8-cyl

There are multiple cracks in the dash that came out of no where the vehicle has never been in a collision. This issue has been reported to GM by hundreds of people due to this very common issue, but they have done nothing to correct this problem. My main concern is one of the cracks is by the passenger air bag which could be a hazard during a collision or airbag deployment. With a possible chance of sharp plastic exposed due to the cracks in the dash cutting the airbag or shards of plastic becoming projectiles potentially causing injury to occupants. The other crack in the dash is on the driver side to the left of the instrument cluster I suspect the dash will continue to crack in more spots as time goes on. I feel like this issue needs to be addressed as this is a flaw in either materials or design.

- Herrin, IL, USA

Jan 022014

Yukon 8-cyl

The dash on my vehicle has cracked and feel that if the air bag is ever deployed it will send plastic flying into my passengers face or cut the air bag. I have complained to GM about this and do not feel that its a safety issue and I was told that it would be $1,100 the first time I called and after many attempts they are telling me they could do it for $500 now. I still feel that this is GM's issue and it should be recalled for the safety of the consumers.

- Grand Prairie, TX, USA

Aug 052013

Yukon 8-cyl

A large crack occurs in dash around area of airbag as well as a crack on the drivers side dash near instrument cluster.

- Faifield, CA, USA

May 142011

Yukon 8-cyl

The SUV has a few cracks in the dash board next to the airbag section and instrument cluster. My daughter serverly cut her finger on the cracked dash by accident. Her finger got infected and she couldnt use her hand for week. Also my concern is if an accident occurs and the airbag is deployed this could cause the plastic pieces to cut the airbag. The pieces of the dash could also break off and become airborne and injure me or a passenger. I have researched this issue and there are plenty of complaints (thousands) about the same thing. I feel that GM should put out a warning about this and replace the dash of every vehicle affected.

- Daphne, AL, USA