2010 GMC Yukon drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 GMC Yukon:

2010 GMC Yukon Owner Comments

Jun 072016

I had been rear ended, my daughter took my 2010 Yukon to the local dealer (findlay) on May 12, 2016, she was told accident didn't cause the problem and would need the tire sensor checked at a cost of $500. Yesterday (June 8, 2016) coming home from work, I was turning off the main highway onto a residential street (riverview) as I made the turn the cars ABS brake sensor light went off and so did the light as though I on was on ice, but I was on a paved road and speed was low maybe 10 mph, it went off almost as quickly as it came on. So I proceeded, stop at a 4 way stop sign (riverview and lakeside), when I proceeded on all the door locks started going off and the power and transmission would not engage. I traveled approximately 500 feet before the car engaged and started running. I am trying to find out if this is a common problem and if so are there any resolutions and is anyone else having this problem. In a week I need to travel 200 miles to a doctor and I'm concerned that this is major.

- Bullhead City, AZ, USA

Nov 192010

Throttle stuck.

- Canby, CA, USA

Nov 062012

2010 GMC Yukon slt, I was driving along the highway at 55mph, the engine suddenly lost power. A display message came across "reduced engine power". the vehicle lost all acceleration, moved over to the right lane almost stalling out in the shoulder lane. Luckily, I was close to home. I had the vehicle towed to the repair shop, had the throttle body replaced. ($602). I will pick up the vehicle tomorrow hopefully it is fixed. This is serious manufactures defect plus a costly repair. As I researched information I see that I am not the only owner of this GM product that can lead to disastrous ending. Hopefully, the NHTSA will do their own investigation on the throttle body's and discover that this is part must be recalled before fatalities occur!!.

- Glen Head, NY, USA