2011 Honda CR-Z steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Honda CR-Z:

2011 Honda CR-Z Owner Comments

Nov 262014

CR-Z 4-cyl

I had just bought this car in September, and on the morning of Wednesday November 26, 2014 it crashed. I was driving on the highway, I495-South. It was raining and I think the car hit a water puddle or sleet, and started fish tailing. I tried to get it back under control, and I did for a few seconds as it was trying to pull to the right. Then it just suddenly took off to the left, very strange, almost like there was either a wheel/tire issue, transmission, electrical or steering wheel.. whatever it was it seemed like it took over and just took off like a crazy horse to the left. I was lucky there were no cars to the left! the car just took off to the left as I held the wheel and couldn't get it under control, it drove through dividers into hov lanes and into concrete highway dividers. It was the scariest and most painful moment of my life, I have been physically and emotionally traumatized. Emt, ambulance, firetrucks and police arrived, and they had to cut off the roof to get me out because of severe back pain I couldn't move, was dizzy and couldn't breath well. I was taken to trauma in er and was hospitalized for 3 days. I fractured my spine, and was out of work for 2 months. I had a surgery, kyphoplasty, been going through physical therapy and now chiropractor. I will never be the same athletic person I used to be, it ruined my life. I am filing this complaint because I know for a fact, as I was behind the wheel, I felt this car, it was not a safe car, it has issues. I noticed you have a recall for 2011 models, for similar issues, as it can cause crash and injury. The seats are not safe, the car is not safe. I advice everyone against the purchase of this vehicle. This was the first accident in my life!

- Burke, VA, USA