1995 Honda Civic transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1995 Honda Civic:

1995 Honda Civic Owner Comments

Oct 012008

My 1995 Honda Civic will shift into forward gears but grinds and won't go into reverse. When we turn the car off it will shift into reverse though. The mechanic is ready to slap a new clutch in it but I heard about a hydraulic kit for the clutch that may be the problem. I;m hoping so anyway cause the clutch will cost me $600.00. That's the pain in the ass part!

- , Klamath Falls, OR, USA

Apr 192006

when ever i put my car in reverse it makes a funny sound then give a very heavy kick, then it will work ok for a while. i took it in to get it sorted out. the mechanic took it for a drive & he found nothing was wrong. i told him that there really a big problem with the car. he then went to check the transmission oil & found that it was empty. this was strange because just about two days before, because of a problem, i had the oil replaced. the mechanic then replaced the oil again. the problem did not stop there. i then took it back to the mechanic. he told me that the oil was coming out. he told me that i am to buy two axle seals. want i want 2 know is want is really wrong with my car because the mechanic is not sure ? please help me.

- , Kingstown, Glebe Hill, St. Vincent and Grenadines