1. replace transmission (1 reports)
1997 Honda Civic transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1997 Honda Civic:

1997 Honda Civic Owner Comments

Aug 042014

Civic LX

Dear American Honda Motor Company, Inc. I am a proud Honda Owner, and I chose Honda as my auto of choice for its compact size, its known reliability as well as great gas mileage. I have been holding on your Customer Service line @ 1-800-999-1009 for quite a while and a few days, and I have been unable to speak to a Customer Service Representative, so I am in this letter corresponding my concerns to you.

I own a 1997 Honda Civic LX which I purchase in 6/12/2006 NEW. My Honda has legitimately clocked 90 thousand miles as of 8/4/2014, so I am queried I would be having problems. I was recently informed by a Honda Dealer as well as I checked and read on line that Honda issued a recall on these models for transmission problems as well as the paint chipping off in several areas. I never received any kind of notification from Honda nor had an opportunity to have my Honda checked for these problems, although I had my Honda serviced in 3 major Pennsylvania Honda Dealership service departments on a regular basis. I was never reported to me.

Currently my auto check engine light is on and the car stutters and jerks while accelerating indicating transmission problems. I am a senior citizen on a fixed income and I am asking for “GOODWILL REPAIR” concerning my transmission problem as well as a repair for the chipping paint. Would you please get in touch with me so these can be resolved?

Thank you for your attention to this matter.

- , Levittown, PA, USA