1998 Honda Civic AC / heater problems

AC / heater problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 Honda Civic:

1998 Honda Civic Owner Comments

Apr 292013

Civic EX 1.6L I-4

I bought this car about two and a half years ago. The AC worked great for the first few months, and then it went completely out. I was told it would take quite a bit of money to replace, like more or less than the car is worth. Being a college student, I do not have the money to fix this problem. Definitely a pain in the ass sometimes in the summers, living in Arizona.

- , Tucson, AZ, USA

May 012010

Civic LX

One Day as I was driving my Honda On a 90 degree day the AC chose to stop working. Thought it was just a simple not enough fluid in it problem. But doesn't seem to be the case. Have Added Cans of fluid to it. No Fix. When you turn the AC on now the RPM goes up and down and the car will stall.

- , Palmyra, VA, USA

Sep 172008

Civic LX

At 60K miles (year 2004), the entire AC unit blow-off and I'd it replaced which costed me $1800. Again the same thing happened now at 117K (year 2008). I'd lodged a complain with Honda and they told me that this is not a known issue. My foot!! This is a very common problem, at least I know one friend who had the same problem and heard my others complaining about Honda ACs.

I will NEVER buy a Honda again!!!! I don't have the money or the means to change the AC unit every 60K miles (or 4 years).

- , Gilbert, AZ, USA