1998 Honda Civic electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 Honda Civic:

1998 Honda Civic Owner Comments

Nov 212014

Civic EX 1.6L I-4

I've had to replace the odometer and speedometer fuses five times, I think, in the span of two years that I've owned this car. It's quite a pain in the ass when driving at night, and having them go out. I've started keeping a light I can use to see the speedometer in my car, if they do go out.

- , Tucson, AZ, USA

Feb 052008

Civic DX

The speedometer and the odometer fuse keeps blowing! I am changing fuses every week and no one knows what is wrong with this car! About a day after the speedo goes out the car dies! Either while I am driving, or it just won't start at all, no clicking sound, no radio, no nothing! Change the fuse and i just happens again in a week. I know there has to be a bigger issue here! I am just so frustrated!

Two years ago I had to have the wiring harness replace and it was fine until the last 5 months. Now it is just week after week of this non sense! I have never had so many problems with a car before! I know that you want us to add every time these things happen but i would be here for hours days writing complains about all the issues and the multiple time the exact same things have happened to me!

- , Stow, OH, USA