8.0

1. replaced loose connector between heating/AC unit & computer (1 reports)
1998 Honda Civic electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 Honda Civic:

1998 Honda Civic Owner Comments

Aug 202003

Civic EX

This is now the 7th time that my Honda has failed on me. All seven times this has happened in the pouring rain, the check engine light comes on, the speedometer drops and stops working or kick back in after a few seconds. The car hesitates, and shifts into gears very rough. The dealer has replaced the speedometer twice, a new computer, a new fuse, new wires, and still having the same exact problem. And they cant understand why I am frustrated!!! I have been on numerous websites and found no solutions so far.

UPDATE: Finally the problem has been solved on my 98 Honda Civic. They found that a connector from the heating and A/C unit that also connects to the computer was sending a weak signal when it rained. This is located under the hood, near the gap of your hood to windshield. So they replaced the connector and took it for a test drive. I have had for a month now, and have made it through 5 big rain storms!!! Another good thing, the dealership did not charge me for 6 out of 8 visits for the same problem.

- , Pittsfield, MA, USA