1998 Honda Civic engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 Honda Civic:

1998 Honda Civic Owner Comments

Mar 042015

Civic EX 1.7L

I used to love this car, Ive had it for years. Now as I am driving around town, the car will go, but soon the RPM drops, it starts to fail, I let go the as pedal and step again, it goes and again drops. Its anoyng to drive like that. When I stop at the red light, the RPM drops so low, that it seems that the car will shut off by it self. I either turn it off or put it on N and accelerate. Ive changed Distributor cap, Sparks, OXY sensor, nothing seems to work. I spent a lot of money and now wish I could just ditch this car. Can anyone help?

- , Goiania, Brazil