1998 Honda Civic seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 Honda Civic:

1998 Honda Civic Owner Comments

Aug 262008

Civic EX

Prior to having an accident I thought Honda�s were a half way decent car. Not any more!! This was my first accident where I broadsided a car with my front end. The insurance company totaled out my car due to all the damage to my front end. After contacting Honda Corporation several times they put me in touch with their field representatives. The only thing I wanted to know was why my airbag Did NOT deploy. The answer they gave me was my seat belt sensor told my airbag sensor it did not need to deploy and I had no case against them. I am not sure I will ever know the honest answers but knowing this certainly does not make me feel any safer. Infact all I feel is they kinda gave me the run around and DO NOT stand behind what they make. I will never buy another Honda or recommend anyone else does. I am definitely going to buy a Chevrolet for the rest of my life!! This is a true story. I apologize for having to air my incident in this manor but I felt the public should be aware of this. Good luck if you own a Honda!!

Thanks for taking the time to read this, Sincerely, Paula Fain