- April 19: Woman Punctured in the Throat by Exploding Takata Airbag news | 11 days ago
- April 8: Honda Pilots Recalled to Replace Gas Tanks recalls | 22 days ago
- April 7: Honda Recalls 2003 Accord to Replace Takata Airbags recalls | 23 days ago
Exhaust Manifold Cracked
2001 Honda Civic (Page 1 of 2)
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2001 Civic has transmission problems, transmission problems & more transmission problems. Did we mention transmission problems? And a dangerous defect with the front airbag that didn't get recalled for 10 years.
Although eventually the defective 2001 Civic airbag inflators were fixed under recalls in 2011 & 2013, that meant for 10 to 12 years airbags were activating with excessive force where metal fragments went shooting into passengers when the airbag deployed.
As for the 2001 Civic's transmission woes? Honda conducted a major transmission recall in 2004 & settled a class action lawsuit for defective transmissions in 2006. But, neither the recall or the lawsuit included the 2001 Civic.
Last thing to consider - the 2001 Civic is the most-recalled car ever, closely followed by the 2002 Civic & the 2001 Accord. The 2001 Civic is the 4th most-recalled vehicle overall, only a Ford truck & two Ford vans have more.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 105,936 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 40 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- replace exhaust manifold (14 reports)
- not sure (12 reports)
- have crack in manifold welded (7 reports)
- buy a new manifold from ebay, and have local mechanic fix it (5 reports)
- weld exhaust shields (2 reports)