- November 7: Honda Fit LX Recalled After Brackets Puncture Airbags
- November 4: Honda Leaves Takata at the Curb
- November 3: Honda Pilot Recalled To Update Instrument Cluster Software
- November 1: Honda Recalls 2016 CR-V After Takata Airbag Explodes
- October 29: Honda Accord Recalled After Airbags Cause 19 Injuries
2001 Honda Civic
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2001 Civic has transmission problems, transmission problems & more transmission problems. Did we mention transmission problems? And a dangerous defect with the front airbag that didn't get recalled for 10 years.
Although eventually the defective 2001 Civic airbag inflators were fixed under recalls in 2011 & 2013, that meant for 10 to 12 years airbags were activating with excessive force where metal fragments went shooting into passengers when the airbag deployed.
As for the 2001 Civic's transmission woes? Honda conducted a major transmission recall in 2004 & settled a class action lawsuit for defective transmissions in 2006. But, neither the recall or the lawsuit included the 2001 Civic.
Last thing to consider - the 2001 Civic is the most-recalled car ever, closely followed by the 2002 Civic & the 2001 Accord. The 2001 Civic is the 4th most-recalled vehicle overall, only a Ford truck & two Ford vans have more.
Worst 2001 Civic suspension Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- front shocks are leaking10
- clunking noises from front end4
- front struts leaking2
- rear springs are weak1
- NHTSA: Suspension: Front: Macpherson Strut21
- NHTSA: Suspension11
- NHTSA: Suspension: Front9
- NHTSA: Suspension: Front: Springs: Coil Springs3
- NHTSA: Suspension: Front: Wheel Bearing 3
- NHTSA: Suspension: Rear3
- NHTSA: Suspension: Front: Control Arm: Lower Arm2
- NHTSA: Suspension: Front: Control Arm1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Honda Civic Model Years
Curious how the 2001 Civic compares to other years?
Check out our Honda Civic overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Civic.