5.3

$1,642.00

1. replace head gasket, water pump, radiator (2 reports)
2003 Honda Civic cooling system problems

cooling system problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Honda Civic:

2003 Honda Civic Owner Comments

Jul 012015

Civic EX 1.7L

THIS IS MY FIRST HONDA AND I REPLACE THE TIMING BELT, WATER PUMP, THE RESPECTIVE SEALS AND I REPLACE THE RADIATOR AND THE THERMOSTAT. ALL THE COOLING SYSTEM LOOKS WORKING BUT THE VEHICLE IS OVERHEATING MOST WHEN I STOP AND HAVE TO WAIT FOR TRAFFIC LIGHT OR IN SLOW TRAFFIC. I DO NOT KNOW WHAT I HAVE TO DO. THANKS

- , Ashburn, VA, USA

Sep 092013

Civic EX 1.7L

I have an antifreeze leak that just occurred about 4 weeks ago. During my daily travel to work, temp of engine all of sudden read was reading H. I placed water in tank to hold me over so I could eventually place 50/50 mix for Honda into car and had garage look at it. They could not tell where leak was after running the engine for 4 hours. They flushed system and refilled with 50/50 and a sealant mix. I just hope it works.

I have not had any big issues since then until yesterday when the Overflow hose to the radiator somehow became disconnected. I am in process of getting a hose clamp to keep it on. Hope that works also.

- , Enola, PA, USA

Jun 062012

Civic LX 1.7L 4 cyl

Car overheated 56 miles into a recent roadtrip I was taking on my way to a vacation. The car had to be towed all the way back home where I replaced the thermostat and fan switch, but it kept overheating. Took it to the local dealership where they diagnosed it as having a leaking headgasket, cracked radiator, and said it needs a new water pump, so we also replaced the timing belt while they had it all torn apart anyway. I just couldn't believe that a Honda Civic would already have a blown headgasket and cracked radiator before the car even gets to 100,000 miles. The total cost for all of this will exceed $1,600.

- , Columbia, MO, USA