2003 Honda Civic fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Honda Civic:

2003 Honda Civic Owner Comments

Oct 312015

Civic EX 1.7L - 4 cyl

click to see larger images

unintended acceleration unintended acceleration unintended acceleration

On Halloween night 10/31/2015, after getting home from taking kids trick-or-treating I was leaving to go to store. While I was backing out of the drive-way I realized I forgot my wallet inside. So I opened the door & went to step out, then noticed I was sticking out in the street a little bit. So I left my left leg out & door open because I was only going to pull forward a couple feet. When I put the car in DRIVE & barely pushed the gas pedal, the gas pedal forced itself to the floor & the car accelerated very quickly. I had no control of the car & tried everything I could to stop it! But it was too late.... The car shot us through the garage door where my leg & foot hit the rock siding entrance going into garage. It also twisted my leg all around & was pinned in between car and garage wall. The car came to a stop when it took my BRAND NEW MOTORCYCLE I had only owned for 3 weeks & smashed it into the wall!!! It completely totaled my motorcycle. But I was so badly messed up & hurt I couldn't even hardly walk or put any weight on my left leg. After months of physical therapy & lots of doctor bills I am healed, for the most part. I contacted Honda & they did an inspection of the vehicle but didn't find anything wrong with it & released it as a safe driveable vehicle. So I was left with about $15,000 worth of damage including my brand new motorcycle. My full coverage insurance only paid about 3/4 of what I paid for the bike. This was one of the most traumatic crazy things to ever happen to us!

Update from May 3, 2016: I am just SOOO very lucky that it was late & one of the kids wasn't in the garage playing or anyone else was hurt!!!! This could've been so much worse than it already was!

- , Bethany, OK, USA