9.0

2003 Honda Civic seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Honda Civic:

2003 Honda Civic Owner Comments

Feb 012010

Civic EX

MY srs light came on and i brought it in to get looked at with my extended warranty letter for the opds unit. they wanted to charged me 104 for a diagnostic (california living for ya), but the letter clearly states the inspection is free of charge. they cleared the system (or so they say) and the light came back on (or so they say). They then told me the srs unit would have to be replaced and my airbags wouldn't deploy if i crashed. i asked how can a unit need to be replaced if IT HAS NEVER BEEN USED????? I told them i wanted to do research and low and behold i find all of this. I do not understand how this can not be under warranty. It is a safety issue. I went to the honda corporate webpage and all they talk about is "HONDA SAFETY." Ya ok.

EVERYONE SHOULD THINK ABOUT THIS: if one of us crashes and our airbags don't deploy won't the police, firemen, hospital, families all be wondering why they didn't?? wouldn't it cause people to think it is a malfunction? If this terrible tragedy may happen i hope to sue honda and make millions bc i am not fixing this (the dealer told me i could fix it for $700 and it may come back on again!?!?!)

- , San Diego, CA, USA

Sep 232008

Civic

i have a 2003 Honda civic, and when i was driving on the road, i was going about 50 or 60 mph, and the air bags just deployed but i didn't get in an accident. they just went off for no reason. it was scary

- , Modesto, CA, USA