2003 Honda Civic suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Honda Civic:

2003 Honda Civic Owner Comments

Nov 012003

Civic 4-cyl

I purchased a Honda Civic hybrid thinking I was going to get good gas milage since I drive 38 miles one way to work. When I was only getting about 35 -26 mph I contacted the dealer and was told this is a new car and the mileage will improve. So after 35000 miles and many trips to the dealer I still only get 36 mphand they can not explain why, I would like to know how they can say that this car was to get 48 mpgh. Also after two months of having the car I was hearing a loud grinding sound coming from the front end and it turned out the shocks were bad, and the dealer replaced them but failed to aline my car and wore out the front tires. Also I can not take this car on long trips since I can not climb long hills with out the highvoltage battery that assists the engine running out of juice and stops working and stalls.

- Whittier, CA, USA