2004 Honda Civic cooling system problems

cooling system problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Honda Civic:

2004 Honda Civic Owner Comments

May 152015

Civic EX

My Civic Coupe was overheating but would return to normal temp. I went to pick up my sibling for school and my car shut off and started smoking. So I thought it overheated. I called for my sibling and he got a ride to where I was. When he opened the hood he saw the fire. Good thing the was an extinguisher available, he put out the fire. It melted battery grill airbox fan and it blew the cap off my radiator and ruined my new paint job. The fire fighter that arrived had explained that the cause of the was most likely 99% the fan wire overheated and caught fire.

- , York, PA, USA