2004 Honda Civic electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Honda Civic:

2004 Honda Civic Owner Comments

Oct 012008

Civic Hybrid

The IMA battery starting not charging all the way and my gas milage dropped from 44MPG to 39.7MPG. The dealership said that I have until May 2009 on the warranty so I could bring it any time before then and have it replaced. I currently have 110,000 miles on the vehicle and what to get the battery replaced. The dealership is now telling me that it is out of warranty and they want $4,000+ to replace it. Everything I have read indicated that in California I should have up to 150,000 miles on the warranty. I can't get a straight answer out of the dealership and Honda will not respond to me. Any suggestions?

- , Manteca, CA, USA