2. replace cam sensor (1 reports)
  3. replace spark plugs (1 reports)
2004 Honda Civic engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Honda Civic:

2004 Honda Civic Owner Comments

May 042015

Civic LX 1.7L

I started to noticed, the car would stall in traffic. The engine light would come on and off. Had the code read. The Cam Shaft sensor needs to be replaced. This part is located inside the timing case cover on the left side of the motor....

- , n/a, IA, USA

Feb 032014

Civic LX 1.7L

The car has been into the shop now at least 6 times for this issue.

They keep changing my plugs and then cleaning my engine.

But it keeps going bad. This is absolutely the most aggravating thing!!!

Update from Apr 3, 2015: In fact the car is at the shop because it won't start.

- , Portland, TN, USA

Aug 262009

Civic EX 1.7L

I drove my dad to work and the car ran fine. I stopped and turned around and the car started shaking and making loud noises and The engine light went on.

- , Port Orchard, WA, USA

Jun 142007

Civic Hybrid

• CVT transmission

My dealership has had my Honda Civic Hybrid now for 10 days and still can't figure out why my engine light keeps coming on at 76mph. They read the codes and submitted to Honda - Honda replies: mixture is too rich adjust valves-they did - same problem, remove exhaust - did that too - same problem. New Spark Plugs - they did - same problem. Now they are saying it might be a false positive thru a bad computer - problem is it costs the dealer $1000 and if it does not fix the problem - they get stuck with the $1000. Not to mention everytime I call all I hear is how they aren't getting paid for any of this and how many hours the tech is costing them. Too bad - that's why I paid the extra $$ for the extended warranty. It's now 10 days and counting on this problem. No rental car either - "not until they diagnose a covered problem". Was told I might even consider taking it elsewhere to have someone else look at it (can you believe this!)

- , Elkview, WV, USA