4.2

2004 Honda Civic fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Honda Civic:

2004 Honda Civic Owner Comments

May 102009

Civic

While driving on the highway, gas pedal linkage suddenly disengages causing rapid deceleration. This has happened for the third time. After two previous repairs, the Honda dealer assured me this would not happen again. This is dangerous as I was in the fast lane when the car stops moving. I had to quickly engage the cruise control and maneuver off the highway using the accelerate and decelerate buttons.

- Falmouth, ME, USA

Sep 012008

Civic

My 2004 Honda Civic has approximately 38,000 miles on it. One day while driving home the check engine light comes on and tells me the oxygen sensor bank 1 sensor 1 heater sensor circuit is bad. The error code is P0135. Make a long story short numerous people have ran into this problem which occurs right outside of warranty. Brought it into Honda dealer and got charged $602.34 for a twenty minute job. I couldn't pass inspection with the check engine light on so I was forced to do it. I did not notice and decrease in fuel economy at all.

- Staten Island, NY, USA

May 202005

Civic 4WD 6-cyl

Whenever im driving my 04 Pilot there is a loud and disturbing thumping sound coming from under the car..after speaking to Honda and taking the car in 3 times I was told this is a normal characteristic of the car and there is nothing anyone can do.after researching this issue I see that there are many owners withthe same problem but yet no recall is even in sight.the reason for the fuel sloashing noise is due to the long narrow shape of the inside gas tank..

- Brooklyn, NY, USA