6.0

2004 Honda Civic seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Honda Civic:

2004 Honda Civic Owner Comments

Jun 112011

Civic

For about three years so far, the air bag light has been going on and off. We have tried to ask multiple car repair shops to help fix whatever is wrong with the air bag, and no matter how many times it has been "repaired", the airbag light continues to light up. I know about the recent recall of Honda Civics have been due to airbag problems, and even though it doesn't include the 2004 year models, it still relates and I hope something can be done to repair my car.

- , Aurora, Colorado, USA

Dec 052013

Civic

Lifetime warranty in the US but not in Canada. Lots of complaints in North America about this faulty Honda buckle. The dealer recommend to change seat belt buckle on driver side. How can a name brand, suppose to be good, have a faulty SAFETY COMPONENT AND CAN GET AWAY WITH IT?

- , Port Moody, BRITISH COLUMBIA, canada

Aug 012010

Civic

Airbag light has been on for years. I see there is many recalls for Honda cars for airbags but not my year.

- , Pinellas Park, FL, USA

Nov 082012

Civic SI 1.7L

I owned honda civic crv odyssey since 1989. Brought this new 2004 Honda civic Si Canadian made for work and pleasure use.I follow manufacturer maintenance recommendations. Owning this new car was rated very good form dealers and manufacturer, except they forget to anticipate errors, safety, responsibility,accountability and wanting more money from consumers pocket until somebody get hurt. My other car didn't have any problems until I got this 2004 Civic Si 4 dr automatic throttle was replace due to performance 5yrs ago and now airbag light front driver side on steady and very annoying driving and while driver seat belt attach for safety.How can I sale this vehicle with idiot light on? Who wants to buy? You? Wrecker? Lemon? Where's Mr. R Nader a consumers activist to guide us? Anybody? Dealers don't care and told me to phone Honda.

- , Abbotsford, B.C, Canada

Dec 162010

Civic EX V4

I'm scared that its not working. I just would appreciate any information someone has about this issue.

- , Lafayette, IN, USA

Feb 192010

Civic Hybrid

• CVT transmission

This is related to a similar issue that others mention about the airbag light coming on. We have had this happen 4 times now over the last 2 years. Twice we were covered by warranty and they replaced the driver side seat belt tensioner both times. The 3rd time they decided that maybe this is something shorted in the electrical harness and it will cost $500 just to dig around and see if something is shorted. I decided to see how long it took for the light to go on again and it was about 1 week. Seems like it is failing quicker every time. Since I looked online for this issue I see that it is not uncommon and I don't really see where anyone really things that this issue is truly fixed.

This is a MAJOR safety concern because the airbags are disabled while the light it ON.

- , Longmont, CO, USA