1. tighten nut on pump so it doesn't come loose (1 reports)
2004 Honda Civic steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Honda Civic:

2004 Honda Civic Owner Comments

Aug 062008

Civic EX

This is a hazardous situation. The first time my wheel locked, I was in the process of turning into a parking lot and there was no oncoming traffic. Tow truck guy found loose nut on power steering pump (right next to belt) right away and tightened it for me. It was a temp fix so I could drive to get service instead of tow. Unfortunately, my Honda service people didn't check it like i requested and it came loose again...locking my wheel. I thank God I wasn't on a freeway or making a sharp turn around other vehicles. Mechanics don't understand why this nut is coming loose. They re-tightened it but Im scared. It could come loose again!!!! Still in process of having problem corrected.

- , Richmond, CA, USA