2005 Honda Civic brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Honda Civic:

2005 Honda Civic Owner Comments

Feb 112013

* am reporting this problem because I have noticed the same tail-lighting failure on dozens of seventh-generation Honda Civics now on the road.** my 2005 Honda Civic 4-dr sedan failed its 2013 Virginia safety inspection because the license-plate light and trunk-located brake lights (of which there are two) were not working. I took the car to landmark Honda of alexandria, va., and they discovered that the wiring in the car's trunk was broken. They soldered the wire to fix the problem. In February 2014 I experienced the same problem and took the sedan to my local dealer in boston, mass., where I now live (Honda cars of boston). They discovered that the soldering had failed and they replaced a trunk wiring harness to better resolve the problem. I spent approximately $500 between the two repair jobs at the two Honda dealers. I am concerned that all seventh-generation Honda Civics may suffer from a wiring defect that affects vehicles' visibility on the road. I am the original owner of this vehicle.

- Charlestown, MA, USA