2005 Honda Civic miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Honda Civic:

2005 Honda Civic Owner Comments

Sep 242016

Civic

Trunk lid latch malfunction. Lid does not close all the way causing it to open when seats & windows are down driving on the highway. The nylon inside the latch has worked it's way out causing the latch to bind and not close properly, thus making the trunk not actually locked. Is a security risk and also a safety hazard to others on the road. If you had a lot of belongings in the trunk they would be scattered all over the highway.

- Bells, TX, USA

Jan 192016

Civic

Key does not work in driver's side door lock. I have researched this problem, and it showed many complaints about this same problem. The car was stationary, parked.

- Mars, PA, USA

Jun 012011

Civic

Paint is peeling on the top, doors, hood, and trunk. Also, large areas of the clear coat are degrading. The paint peels down to the primer. I don't see any rust, but it is only a matter of time before it starts without paint to protect it.

- Westland, MI, USA

Aug 042015

Civic

On Friday, July 31, 2015 I brought my 2005 Honda Civic ex [which was in good working condition with no SRS or mil lights on] to Honda of kingston on broadway to be serviced on August 1st for the takata air bag recall. When I picked up my car on Monday, August 3rd they told me everything went well and that they had also performed a "complimentary inspection" of my tires, breaks, fluids etc. -- something they never informed me they planned on doing, something I would have never consented to in the first place. They also failed to inform me that my SRS light was now on, and what that means. I pulled over on my way home to call and inquire about the light and they told me they could not fit me in until Thursday, August 6th to diagnose it. Driving home, my car began shaking and rattling and became almost impossible to drive. I brought it to the nearest available mechanic who discovered the lug nuts on the front left tire were not secured properly by the technicians at Honda of kingston, and it was close to falling off. They fixed and secured the tire for me and I notified Honda of the incident. They agreed to pay the cost of securing the tire, however they informed me that diagnosing my SRS light will cost me $107, and depending on what the issue is, could cost a few hundred to a thousand more. I've never had any issues with the air bag system or the SRS light, until it was serviced by Honda of kingston. The SRS light obviously indicates that the airbag recall work was not performed correctly, and now the dealer is attempting to charge me to repair it. Not only could I have crashed due to the negligence of the technicians and their inability to even secure a tire properly, but my SRS would not have deployed the airbag, even though I was assured when I left with my car that everything went well and my car was in good shape.

- Clintondale, NY, USA

Oct 222014

Civic

I, was, in, a, accident, my, car, was, totalled, I, was, turning, the, corner, both, cars, hit.I, do, not, remember, everything, I was, hurt, both, airbags, deployed.I, was, hurt, in, my, left, arm, my, jacket, and, shirt, were, burned.I, was, taken, by, ambulance.to, the, hospital, arm, burns, and, chest, pains.they, did, xrays, meds, and, the, told, me, to, follow, up, w/my, pcp, they, sent, me, for, more.xrays.I, now, had, no, car, burns, your, recall, was, never, sent, before, that, date.I, just, got, it. This, is, so, wrong.I, hope, you, are, doing, something, about, it.

- Schenectay, NY, USA

Jan 072010

Civic

Engine dtc P0122, (low-volts on the tps). It started to set on my 2005 Civic dx. If there is a problem with this engine then publish it for heavens sakes !

- Brampton, 00, USA