2. replaced the sun visor (28 reports)
  3. fix visor with a temporary fix (binder clips, etc) (7 reports)
  4. Honda replaced under warranty (6 reports)
  5. send a written complaint to the NHTSA (3 reports)
2006 Honda Civic accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Honda Civic:

2006 Honda Civic Owner Comments (Page 1 of 5)

Oct 132011

Civic LX 3.2L

Honda replaced the visor with another faulty visor! Ridiculous!

- , Easton, PA, USA

Aug 012016

Civic LX 1.8L

I thought Honda had solved this problem already, this visor hangs in my face

- , Canton, GA, USA

Aug 012016

Civic LX

The first visor, passenger's side, came apart last year, 2015. Then the other one early this month. I just discovered that there was a class-action suit involving this very thing, but it expired in 2011! I found photos on the internet and they looked exactly like what happened to mine. Neither one will stay in the up position so they're constantly in the way. I guess I'll just have to bite the bullet and find the best deal I can to replace them.

- , Newark, CA, USA

Jul 282016

Civic L

Apparently, there was a recall on the visors on the 2006 Honda Civic LX, but I never got the recall. I was able to have the driver's side visor replaced in 2013 at a nominal cost because my service advisor pushed Honda to do it, but the passenger visor was fine at that point. Now it has failed and I'm sure it will come out of my own pocket and it shouldn't. These cars should be made to withstand the extreme temperatures of a Florida or Arizona or California summer. This is crazy. This visor isn't used often, just to hold a shade in place on the hottest days.

- , Wilmington, CA, USA

Jul 202016

Civic ES 3.2L V6

Possible safety issue, with air bag, the visor hangs low instead of staying in place

- , Dayton, OH, USA

Jun 012012

Civic EX

Honda finally updated the visor that fixes the problem of it splitting at the seam. It only became available when most people's cars are out of warranty. Before I found the updated visors online, I fixed it with a few aluminum binding posts bought from Home Depot.

- , Glendora, CA, USA

Jun 202016

Civic LX 4 cyl

The driver's sun visor failed back in March 2016. The problem has already been well documented on this web site -- the plastic on the interior of the sun visor mechanism fails in the Arizona heat, after which the visor won't stay in place. The car was past the extended warranty called for in the Class Action lawsuit settlement, so I had to buy a replacement (about $60). The replacement failed the same way just a few weeks ago, but the local Honda dealership replaced the replacement (!) under the standard parts warranty. So the problem is resolved for now, but I don't think that Honda has solved this problem. If I keep the car longer (I bought it new in late 2005), I expect this will happen again!

- , Phoenix, AZ, USA

Jun 012016

Civic EX

Really!? Sun visors that fall apart? This should be a lifetime part on any car. I have had several older cars that I ran into the ground and not one of them had a sun visor issue.

Why has Honda gone so cheap on the newer Civics? The Civic was a car you could drive to 200k+ miles and never have a problem with. Where is Honda's reliability?

Unfortunately, Honda has little pride if any left for their vehicles. I have had so many issues with my Civic, not limited to a scattered transmission, a LED brake light going out (another lifetime part on a car that should never go out), and now it looks like the 10-048 cracked engine block (in addition to the sun visors).

- , Plano, TX, USA

May 192016

honda has had too many recalls. what is wrong with them. bad lights, air bags, sun visors and they had better refund my money because I had to have it fixed right away. I just bought this car may 17th 2016 and the visor was impairing my vision

- , Troy, USA

Jun 122015

The car just keeps falling apart. It is on the passenger's side. My son went to put it down and it broke. I had to remove it.

- , West Melbourne, FL, USA

Jul 012012

Civic DX V6

My passenger side visor began to "melt" in 2012 and eventually fell off completely. Now my driver side visor has begun to melt. Apparently there was an extended warranty on these, and a class action settlement, but I was completely unaware and now am past the time limit. This is extremely frustrating, is Honda supposed to mail owners information regarding these problems? I received info regarding the immature tire wear, so I'm not sure why I wasn't informed on this... Anyway, my car is melting and Honda won't do anything to remedy the situation. This is probably the last Honda I will purchase.

- , Los Angeles, CA, USA

Jan 102015

Safety hazard when sun visor droops obscuring vision and is distraction. Honda please fix.

- , Evansville, IN, USA

Nov 012012

Civic EX Coupe 2 Dr 1.8L Vtec 4cyclinder

I have no photos as I have already replace it and the one in there now looks just like the one I threw away. I know I paid more than $60 but I don't want to exaggerate. It broke and I could not let it up or down and it was bad early morning and late evening with the sun in my eyes. At night it hung in my face and blocked my view.

- , S. Prince George, VA, USA

Sep 012008

Civic LX 1.5L

The visors broke 3 times in the first 3 years I had the car.

- , Chicago, IL, USA

Sep 022014

Civic 1.8L V4

It has been replaced three times, the driver sun visor part comes apart, it only last around a year, it seems like the interior just either comes unglued or something breaks inside. It is pain in the butt because your driving and this thing is hanging down. It is a very bad defective part which can cause an accident because it comes in the view of the driver. It needs to be recall and replace with a better part.

- , San Antonio, TX, USA

Jan 012012

Civic EX 2L

Driver's sun visor literally falls apart. I am on my third visor now and it too has now fallen apart. I see there was some sort of reimbursement on it but now I am too late on it since it had to be before Sept 2011 and my first one broke in 2012.

$200 in visors for a crappy design and no reimbursement. Nice one Honda.

- , Twentynine Palms, CA, USA

Jan 012008

Civic EX 1.8L I-4

Driver side sun visor broke and would not stay up out of the way

- , Chelsea, AL, USA

Jun 012011

Civic DX-G 4

Visors defective in extreme heat and will not snap back up. Had to pay out of pockets twice. Finally, enough complaints made this a safety and manufacturer issue. The problem was later fixed right and the dealership reimbursed me for all the costs for replacing all the visors.

- , Calgary, Alberta, canada

Dec 312012

Civic DX

Both visors split along the seam and now won't stay up. I used ponytail holders and stretched them across to hold the visors up in place until I can get myself a day off of work to get a new set installed.

- , Apollo, PA, USA

Jun 012012

Civic EX 1.8L

If I leave the visor down during the day, when it's warmer out, it tends to split when I try to close it. I have been able to manipulate it so it goes back to 'normal', but I'm afraid this will become a permanent problem. I have seen that it has been an issue for many other people and have also seen that there has been an extended warranty occasionally issued to address this, but haven't seen anything yet.

- , Alliston, ON, canada