2.5

2006 Honda Civic brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Honda Civic:

2006 Honda Civic Owner Comments

Sep 182010

Civic

I put the car in reverse to back-up because a parked car was in front of me, 2-3 car lengths. However, the car went forward instead of reverse and to make the situation worse, I was on the downslope of a hill. My car went forward and the motor shut-off. The engine light came on and so did all the other lights on the instrument cluster. I pushed the brake pedal, but it didn't work. I put the car in park and tried to start it, while rolling, but nothing. My son grabbed the emergency brake and stopped the car. He saved us. I went to Honda car dealer 2 days later and asked the technician check why..but the technician said driver was not properly operation the car and driver must do something incorrectly. Reject to check for me, nothing they can do for this situation.

- Overland Park, KS, USA