2006 Honda Civic brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Honda Civic:

2006 Honda Civic Owner Comments

Aug 312006

Civic 4-cyl

I purchased a new 2006 Honda Civic LX on 3/18/06. On 8/31/06 after 15,658 highway miles, the driver's side inner front brake pad wore out and ruined the rotor. I replaced the rotor, pad, and caliper with original Honda parts. My daughter has complained that this car's braking is "unstable". now at 34,000 miles the front inner pads are worn to metal again. The outer pads and rear shoes are still very serviceable. I called the dealer and Honda and they both fail to admit a problem or offer a solution. I think this car's brakes have a design flaw that causes the front inner pads to wear out prematurely. And I think this flaw also causes unstable braking. I have the car and the old parts for inspection.

- St. Paul, MO, USA