2006 Honda Civic windows / windshield problems

windows / windshield problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Honda Civic:

2006 Honda Civic Owner Comments (Page 2 of 10)

Aug 232007

2006 Honda Civic sun visors broken (again). This is the fourth time my 2006 Honda Civic sun visors have broken. The first two times it was replaced under warranty within the first three years of owning the car. The third time the car was 500 miles out of warranty but they said they would replace it that one last time. Now it is broken again! if you google "Honda Civic sun visor" you will find thousands of people with this problem. The sun visor splits in half and can no longer be put up (stored position). When the plastic frame of the visor splits, the visor hangs straight down blocking your vision when driving. Because of this, my vision is constantly blocked and I find myself bending down while driving to see if traffic lights are green or red. It can also block my view of a pedestrian stepping off of the curb into the crosswalk. This is a major safety hazard and Honda doesn't want to replace these after the warranty is up although they have a tsb on it. In addition to my view of the road being blocked by this plastic framed sun visor, I'm also afraid if I was in an accident, my face or a passengers could hit the sun visor and the visor could cause major facial trauma.

- Altamonte Springs, FL, USA

Jun 122006

Civic 4-cyl

I own a 2006 Honda Civic, and I'm sure you already know what I'm about to complain about... the visors! they are no good! in the 5 yrs I've had this car, I've had to replace them about 4 times already. Luckily 2 times I didn't pay anything since they were under warranty. Unfortunately now I own the car, and it's becoming really annoying. The design on these visors is ridiculous! when it's hot outside, I have to remember not to use them or else once I pull them down it cracks open at the hinge and breaks. This is quite costly especially since this is a recurring problem with this design. It's not only expensive for the vehicle owners, but also a hazard to drivers. When the visor breaks and can't be pulled back up, it blocks the driver's vision. You can't see the signal lights unless you hold the visor up with one hand while you drive. This should have been recalled a long time ago. I mention it to the dealer every time, but they don't take the initiative to do anything about it. They're probably happy since is brings in a constant revenue for them from all the Civic owners that have the same problem every year. Please help!

- North Hollywood, CA, USA

Jun 162008

Driver's side visor unexpectedly fell down, blocking the view of the road. It will no longer go back up and it cannot be repaired, only replaced. I have several friends with the same malfunction.

- Jacksonville, FL, USA

Jan 012007

Civic 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2006 Honda Civic. The contact stated that the driver and passenger side sun visors were fractured and obstructing her view of the roadway. The sun visor was hanging down and she would have to hold it up and drive at the same time. The manufacturer did not offer any assistance in repairing the vehicle. The current mileage is 38,000 and the failure mileage was unknown. Updated 07/08/11 the dealer attempted to repair the visor by replacing it six to eight times, but to no avail. The consumer stated Honda issued a continuation of the visor warranty up to 8 years. Updated 08/04/11

- Sarasota, FL, USA

Apr 182011

Civic 4-cyl

I have a 2006 Honda Civic and the visors are broken and hang down. It will not stay up and blocks my vision for street lights, signs etc. I cannot adjust it to keep the sun out of my eyes for certain angles. The Honda dealership will not replace. They want a charge of $75 per visor. They are thousands of complaints and they just keep breaking. Something must be done to fix this problem.

- Cardiff, CA, USA

Apr 012011

Civic 4-cyl

My 2006 Honda Civic driver side sun visor is broken and defective. Honda has issued a technical service bulletin but no recall. The drivers side sun visor can not be adjusted and hangs down in the way or view and I can not see the road to drive safely. Honda has refused to fix this under goodwill assistance and my cars warranty has just expired. Many other consumers have this same issue and Honda is not addressing it. Daily use to block the sun in your eyes when you are driving is the events leading to the failure. The consequences is that I can not see to drive safely. Either sun in my eyes or sun visor blocking view of road. The visor can not be adjusted, it is broken, it just hangs down in the line of sight. To date my local Honda dealer in el paso tx has refused to replace the defective part thus I am working with american Honda for their support to replace this defective part free of charge.

- El Paso, TX, USA

Apr 122009

Civic 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2006 Honda Civic. The contact stated that the driver and passenger sun visors hinges fractured and the visors would not remain in the closed, upright position. In addition, the driver seat would not lock into place when adjusted. The rear passenger seat backing had also fractured with exposed wiring. The vehicle was taken to the dealer who advised there was no recall for the failures and that the contact would have to pay for the repairs. The manufacturer was contacted who offered no assistance. Updated 06/03/11

- Newton, MA, USA

Jun 052010

The window visor on my 2006 Civic si has melted twice now and it posses a driving hazard. This is due to the fact that after the inside plastic is hit by direct sunlight the actual plastic clips melt and that causes the visor to suddenly flip down right into your line of vision.

- Fort Worth, TX, USA

Jul 152010

The sun visor in my 2006 Honda Civic LX has broken twice now, where the visor will hang down in my line of sight. I am unable to secure it up or down. Both incidents occurred in the warm weather months when the car is very hot. First incident occurred within the warranty, ~20K miles and fixed by the dealer. Second incident began around 70K miles and worsened until the visor has completely broken. I have not fixed the visor this time, and feel that it is ridiculous to pay a dealer to fix a part which is clearly a manufacturer's defect.

- Quinton, VA, USA

Jun 012010

Civic 4-cyl

Honda Civic 2006 driver side sun visor falls apart in the heat and blocks drivers vision.

- Oviedo, FL, USA

Mar 012008

The sun visors in my Civic have a Honda-acknowledged defect where after some time the mechanism breaks, causing it to stay down, blocking the driver view and creating an unsafe condition. The dealer told me this is common in warmer climates and I have had to replace them at least twice, with another repair on the horizon (the problem starts with a popping noise when putting back towards the roof). The dealer has replaced them for free the first few times, but the next one will apparently cost $20 for the labor while the visors themselves are "free." The dealer states they will only continue to repair this design flaw until 75,000 miles are reached on the car.

- Sun City, AZ, USA

Jun 172008

I bought a 2006 Honda Civic and within a year my driver side visor stopped working. It wouldn't stay up and every now and then it would just drop down. This almost caused me to wreck because I was driving one day and the visor snapped down which scared me and I couldn't see, which is how I almost wreck. It finally came off and because I didn't have a warranty I could get it fixed without paying over $100 per visor. My passenger visor had the same problem as well and now I drive without visor. This is a huge safety hazard and I wish Honda would do something about it. I will never want to purchase another Honda just because of this visor problem. I have a friend who also has the same problem and even though they got there visor fixed after spending all that money it broke again. Please can this get recalled!!

- Oklahoma City, OK, USA

Jan 122011

2006 Honda Civic has flip visor issues. I've replaced mine multiple times and it continues to break. It's a safety issue because it constantly drops and gets in the way of my visibility of the road.

- Oakland, CA, USA

Aug 012009

Civic 4-cyl

When my car sits in the sun for any amount of time, my sun visors will not stay up, flat against the ceiling of the car. The droop down, sometimes into my vision. I have called Honda about a replacement, but because the car is no longer under warranty they want to charge me approx $150 to replace both sun visors. The visors are being used normally, under normal circumstances this should not happen.

- Kissimmee, FL, USA

Sep 202009

The driver's side visor in my 2006 Honda Civic cracked open on its top seam which prevented the visor from staying in the "up" position. At first I did not think it would be a big deal but I soon realized that it really did interfere with my line of sight. Consequently, I had the visor replaced. 15 months after having the visor replaced it has now cracked again. Once again the visor will not stay in its upright position and it interferes with my line of sight.

- Naples, FL, USA

Aug 012010

The sun visors in my 2006 Honda Civic are defective. I have had the visors replaced once already and just one year later, the sun visor cracked open from heat exposure again. The sun visors are obstructing both the driver's and passenger's view and pose a safety hazard. I had to apply force to keep the visors closed and when there is too much sun light, the visors are useless in blocking the sun. Honda needs to recall this part and replace them with a part that is not defective.

- Burlington, NC, USA

Dec 152010

Both visors split open and will not stay up. I cannot use them to block the sun and have to duck under them to view the road. This is a major safety issue!

- Powell, TN, USA

Dec 012010

The sun visors on my 2006 Honda Civic have failed and just hang down. This is seriouly dangerous since the hanging driver-side mirror interferes with the driver's view of traffic. The dealer says, because my car has over 36,000 miles (it has 43,000) it is no longer covered by warranty and there is no applicable recall issued by Honda.

- Montebello, CA, USA

Nov 022010

Civic 4-cyl

The sun visor on my passenger side cracked and just hangs. It will not fold in the upright position. It is dangling and blocking my field of vision. I have researched this issue and Honda does not think this is a safety concern, yet thousands of customers have experience more than 1 visor splitting on them.

- Wichita Falls, TX, USA

Apr 012010

The visors in the car have a metal rotating piece in between two plastic pieces that cause the visor to snap after minimal use. My driver's side visor is now completely broken, as has happened to my friend's exact same car too.

- Lancaster, MA, USA