2007 Honda Civic accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Honda Civic:

2007 Honda Civic Owner Comments

Jan 152011

Civic 4-cyl

2007 Honda hybrid ima problems Honda update now car really unsafe. Never know when hybrid will go gas mileage went from 45 to 32 mpg cant get up to speed at lights tired of people blowing there horns at me. Please help us hybrid owners very unsafe car with ima update Honda want put it back to org spec.

- Sanford , NC, USA

Aug 122010

I was on a 700 mile trip to visit my family member. In the midway the A/C condenser got damaged and A/C stopped working that lead to suffocation due to hot and humid environment. I had to drive the car for 7 hours in 110 F temperature with open windows on highway. I dehydrated and fell sick and vomited couple of times. There is no safety for condenser to protect it to get hit from pebbles on the road. It is a very common safety problem and Honda is not fixing it. This incident could lead to accident and/or injury.

- Stillwater, OK, USA

Jun 012008

Ima battery deterioration and/or ima battery draining resulting in little power/pickup.

- Millersville, MD, USA

Jul 302010

2007 Honda Civic ex faulty ac condenser. Stopped working abruptly. Dealer told me before looking at it that it was a rock that had put a hole in it. Indicated they had seen numerous condensers on 2007 Honda models that this had happened. They would not replace it, even with it under warranty since they determined it to be a rock that caused this small hole. I followed up on internet and saw that there have been hundreds of other Honda owners with this same problem and Honda refuses to do anything to help. This is absolutely a defective make in this vehicle. Honda does not want to assume any responsibility for this problem that should be covered under warranty. A car 3 years old should not have this happening to it. I have maintained this car with all service agreements and maintenance records.

- Durham, NC, USA

Mar 312010

I was pulling into a parking space when all of the sudden the car started to accelerate. I was pushing as hard as I could on the breaks and they weren't working. I then ran into a tree and immediately put the car into park. I had to turn the car off because it was smoking. I am not sure if the engine was still running after I hit the tree or not. I know that my foot was firmly planted on the brake, checked to see where my feet were after hitting the tree and turning the car off. I have never had this happen before in my car. It only has 34000 miles. It has had regular maintenance such as oil change and the tires were replaced at 25,000 miles.

- Greenville, NC, USA

Apr 182008

I took my 2007 Honda Civic to the dealer because of extreme vibrations from the rear of the car. I was told that the rear suspension is bad, causing my rear tires to go bad. They said that they had seen this problem on other cars and would pay for half of the price for a new set of tires but only if I bought the tires from them. My car is 15 months old and I have already had it in the shop twice for problems. I will never buy another Honda.

- Springdale, AR, USA

Mar 152008

Civic 4-cyl

A/C out on 1 year old Honda Civic. Dealer says "rock hit the A/C condenser". this is either a faulty part or a design flaw and has been noted by Honda owners as far back as 2003 (according to web research). Car is currently in san diego and this is a safety issue as an over heated driver could be distracted or drowsy. Car has not yet been fixed - Honda denies any responsibility and cost to fix is over $600.

- Antioch, CA, USA

Aug 252007

Civic 4-cyl

I bought my new '07 Civic LX four weeks ago. When I turn on the air conditioner on low: It consistently cycles (a vertical fan near the engine) and makes a very loud clicking noise every seven seconds (like dropping a marble on a piece of metal). The noise continues--whether the car is stopped or moving--and seems to get louder and louder; to the point where other passengers in my car are hearing it (even if I have the radio turned on). The only way to stop the noise it to turn the fan speed to high--so the "vertical fan" near the engine continuously runs (doesn't turn on and off). The noise doesn't occur when the heater is turned on. I took my car to the auto dealer: The first time, the manager didn't have the A/C inspected--told me that it's normal. A week later, I took it to the dealer a second time: They claim to have "compared with like vehicle"..."air conditioner operating as designed by Honda." (that's what was written on my customer copy repair invoice.) my auto dealer never showed me the "like vehicle" to prove to me that--the consistent loud noise--is a normal procedure. I've driven less superior cars (Ford escort and Chevrolet tracker) and never had such a problem.

- Chicago, IL, USA

Jun 102007

Civic 4-cyl

I just purchased a 2007 Honda Civic sedan ex 2 weeks ago. It only has 800 miles on it. I have done nothing more than normal driving and the air conditioner stopped working. It began blowing hot air. I took it to my dealer and they said that a stone had puntured the air conditioner condenser. They said it was just bad luck and it is not covered uner warranty from Honda. It cost me $675.50. I did my research on the internet and others have experienced the same problem with low mileage new Honda's. this is obviously a problem with Honda's design. Something needs to be done.

- Batavia, NY, USA