7.0

1. replaced the sun visor (20 reports)
  3. recall the faulty sun visor, replacement doesn't work (10 reports)
  4. temporary fix - zip ties, clip, etc. (2 reports)
  5. dealer offered to pay half of charge to fix visor ($46) (1 reports)
2007 Honda Civic accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Honda Civic:

2007 Honda Civic Owner Comments (Page 1 of 3)

Oct 012013

Civic LX

Just really unhappy that this simple part fell apart. Now I have to either pay retail or find a junk yard where I can find a gently used one.

- , National City, CA, USA

Jun 012013

Civic EX 2.0L 4 cyl

This is the 3rd sun visor that was faulty on my car . It was replaced 2 times before under warranty and it still continues to be a faulty problem. I feel it is a Honda part defect and feel I should not pay to have it replaced again for the third time.

- , Hamburg, PA, USA

Jul 012013

Civic SI

And yet another complaint about this freakin car.... the sun visor "exploded" and is now buckled...falling apart and will not stay up. I seriously hate this vehicle.

- , Joppa, MD, USA

Apr 192013

Civic LX

Second Honda Civic where I've had to have a visor, or two, replaced by the dealer.

- , Oswego, IL, USA

Apr 172012

Civic SI 2.0L

Went to tilt sun visor one afternoon and SNAP. The plastic on the visor had split rendering the visor limp. The visor could only be stored full and upright or hanging straight down blocking the entire road. Will take to dealer soon after hearing about this: http://www.hondaproblems.com/Civic/visor.shtml

- , Dublin, CA, USA

Oct 242009

Civic DX 1.8L

both visors were exploded on the seam. At least the paid for it.

- , Sun CIty, AZ, USA

Jul 292010

Civic LX

Problem #5 - now REALLY. The dealer was so smug when I asked why I had to pay for it. Ha! Ha! Class action suit. I got my money back but not with interest!!!

- , Freeport, PA, USA

Dec 012010

Civic EX Coup 1.8L

Sun Visor went out a month or two after getting the car. Went to Honda to try to sell my vehicle and instead of charging me $150 for check up they gave me a courtesy check for free and replaced my visor no charge. Have other issues with the vehicle but said nothing was wrong with it. Went to another Honda and quoted me at $2688!

- , tampa, FL, USA

Oct 142007

Civic SI

It could have caused an huge accident on the freeway when I pull the sun visor down to protect my eyes while driving and it just brakes and flies off the window!!!

- , Napa, CA, USA

Aug 102010

Civic

Just when I thought this only happened to me! Yep, my driver's side sun visor has become a safety hazard. Sure, I may have a lot of miles on my car but it's still only over 3 years old and the visor crapped out??!! I tried Gorilla Glue Epoxy and that lasted about 3 minutes. So...I'm gonna try the few suggestions on installing screws to keep it together cause I'm not paying $70+ for a stupid visor! Hope this screw thing works though!!

FIX IT HONDA....maybe I should as nicely. Honda, can you please fix this problem so others aren't jeopardizing their safety? Thank you.

- , Pittsfield, NH, USA

Oct 152009

Civic Hybrid

Faulty Visor splits due to poor craftsmanship. It is not only a danger but annoying. I use my visors to hold a sun shade in place and because it's broken I cannot use either.

- , Orange, CA, USA

Aug 172010

Civic

not so happy that warranty expired two months before the visor separated, and kept falling down while i was driving long distance. an unnecessary safety problem that cost me time and money.

- , Milw, WI, USA

Oct 012007

Civic 4 cyl

both visors have been replaced 3 times due to them separating.

- , Merced, CA, USA

Jun 012008

Civic EX 1.8L

click to see larger images

sun visor falls apart sun visor falls apart

I had a Civic EX for 3 years and as everyone else I started having problems with my visors. I applied the fix below for the last 2 years and it seems to do the job. I have not had to replace my visors. The problem is that the visor is build by two pieces of molded plastic that encase the tension mechanism that holds the visor open or closed. Honda designed it with the assumption that the internal clips that hold the two pieces of plastic together will be strong enough to hold the tension mechanism and the visor from splitting apart. Well it does not work. It will hold for about a year and after the hot summer days start, the plastic gets soft and the visor starts to fall apart. As soon as I noticed the visor starting to split I looked for something to hold the visor together. I decided that a 1 inch thick metal binder clip should be strong enough to hold the visor together. If you do not know what it is, please click on the link: http://www.staples.com/office/supplies/moreviews?catentryId=11562&langId=-1&storeId=10001&catalogId=10051&imageClickSequence=0

To install do the following:

1. Pull down your visor all the way, as close to the windshield as possible.

2. Take the paper clip and by squeezing the ears of the clip insert it at the edge of the visor, close to the rod that connects the visor to the roof of the car.

3. Once installed you must remove the ears of the binder clip or the visor will not turn. 4. To remove the ears just squeeze the base of the ears where they connect to the binder clip and they will come off. For the ear that is closest to the roof you might have to use a needle nose pair of pliers to remove.

Good Luck

- , Mays Landing, NJ, USA

Aug 192010

Civic LX 1.8L

the sun visor problem has nothing to do with the car mechanics its just a big pain in the ass to look at a car with very few miles that already has pieces breaking on the interior

- , Mesa, AZ, USA

Aug 032010

Civic EX

I believe that this should be a recall as even my honda service man told me that he's seen this problem a lot in Civics and in Accords. Unfortunately my warrenty expired after 3 years and I was just after that mark so I had to pay fully for it (about 100 bucks). I hope that this becomes a recall, and I've saved my receipt to get reimbursed if so!

It wasn't terribly annoyinng to me as I'm shorter but it was definitely a hazard for my husband to drive, it blocked his line of view.

- , Fairfax, VA, USA

Aug 032009

Civic EX 1.8L

Had to have the visor (driver's side) replaced on 3 different occassions. Hot weather seemed to make it crack worse. However my car stays in a garage except while working 6 hours a day. Dealer had to replace each time since car was under warranty.

- , Durham, NC, USA

Jul 112010

Civic EX

New York had a heat wave, over 90 to 100 degree for several weeks so it seems we now have the visor probelms reported in hotter states like Nevada and Florida. My driver side sun visor first cracked at the top and then started to fall down. I went to put it back up because I couldn't see when I drove and it fell off in my hand!

- , Somers, New York, Afghanistan

Jul 022010

Civic ES

The visor on the driver side snapped open and cracked up on top less than 1 year after buying my car. This happened twice in less than two years. Since the car was under warranty; the dealer replaced it both times free. The 3rd time, I decided not to pay over $100 to fix something that is going to be broken again.

I acknowledge that this is a safety issue because when it cracks open and hangs down, it blocks my view of the road and I need both hands to place it back. I'm very displeased that Honda treats this problem as if it was nothing they could do about it.

- , El Paso, TX, USA

May 312010

Civic 1.8L

Pulled down the sun visor and both of them snapped, what a cheap piece of equipment. Really sad cause I have always been a fan of Honda, but you can tell they made this piece or had it manufactured from Toys r Us!!!!!

- , Las Cruces, New Mexico, USA