7.2

1. replaced the sun visor (20 reports)
  3. recall the faulty sun visor, replacement doesn't work (11 reports)
  4. had to spend my own money to fix this, not fair (3 reports)
  5. temporary fix - zip ties, clip, etc. (3 reports)
  6. replaced sun visor (2 reports)
2007 Honda Civic accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Honda Civic:

2007 Honda Civic Owner Comments (Page 1 of 3)

Aug 102014

Civic DXG

The sun visor completely fell apart. It had never been abused, used roughly, or anything. Called Honda to ask them if they would replace it. Apparently it is a super common problem. I was told I would have to pay for a replacement out of my own pocket. Worst part is they never resolved the issue with the sun visors, so if I was to replace it the new one would eventually fall apart too. Its a real pain in the ass and now my visor just hangs there uselessly.

- , Lethbridge, AB, canada

Oct 152014

Civic

I have replaced the sun visors two times already and now the passengers sun visor is broken again! - Honda doesn't make the Honda vehicles like before anymore! - Honda Motors now uses very cheap parts...I have replaced on my Honda Civic 2007 many things already, including two sun visors and the passengers side now is broken again!

I had to replace both of the axles....and I had to pay for it because the warranty already expired....I also have the power steering leaking, so that's another major mechanical problem.....So then "don't buy American cars" - now apply to Japanese cars too, because Japanese cars are using cheap parts too !!! - Most of their parts last only 5 years, they don't make it like before anymore!

- , San Gabriel, CA, USA

Jan 092015

Civic SI 2.0L I4

It regularly falls apart every 2-3 summers. First and second time was replaced under warranty; now the dealership is suggesting that I put binder clips on it to hold it together.

Why can't Honda make a visor that doesn't melt in the heat? I could probably take a cheap visor off a 1980s Honda that would last, but that technology has been lost to time, it seems.

- , Tempe, Arizona, USA

Aug 062009

Civic EX V6

Both visors are cracked and low quality. So annoying, please fix this!!!

Update from Jan 7, 2015: I had to pay $140 to get these fixed.

- , riverbank, CA, USA

Sep 012013

Civic LX

Really annoying when the visor is down and I go to put it up It takes a good 10 minutes just to get it up without it falling completely apart!!!! Its quite the process that I go through to get it to go back up.......

Cannot put it up while driving or they may cause an accident so I have to pull off the road every time

Overall just a very annoying issue... :(

- , Eastham, MA, USA

Jun 242014

Civic LX

This is the third time the sunvisor has failed. Once repaired under warranty, once I paid out of pocket, now it is broken again.

- , Baltimore, MD, USA

Jun 052011

Civic EX 4

Sun visor came apart because of extreme heat in car. This was in 2010. No mention of class action lawsuit at the dealer and I had to replace it for $100. Then the replaced one fell apart in 2011. Had to replace that one just for $50 dollars. But then, that replacement just broke, 2/2014, and I replaced it for only $35. Dealer should of replaced it at no charge!!!!

- , Columbus, OH, USA

Oct 012013

Civic LX

Just really unhappy that this simple part fell apart. Now I have to either pay retail or find a junk yard where I can find a gently used one.

- , National City, CA, USA

Jun 012013

Civic EX 2.0L 4 cyl

This is the 3rd sun visor that was faulty on my car . It was replaced 2 times before under warranty and it still continues to be a faulty problem. I feel it is a Honda part defect and feel I should not pay to have it replaced again for the third time.

- , Hamburg, PA, USA

Jul 012013

Civic SI

And yet another complaint about this freakin car.... the sun visor "exploded" and is now buckled...falling apart and will not stay up. I seriously hate this vehicle.

- , Joppa, MD, USA

Apr 192013

Civic LX

Second Honda Civic where I've had to have a visor, or two, replaced by the dealer.

- , Oswego, IL, USA

Apr 172012

Civic SI 2.0L

Went to tilt sun visor one afternoon and SNAP. The plastic on the visor had split rendering the visor limp. The visor could only be stored full and upright or hanging straight down blocking the entire road. Will take to dealer soon after hearing about this: http://www.hondaproblems.com/Civic/visor.shtml

- , Dublin, CA, USA

Oct 242009

Civic DX 1.8L

both visors were exploded on the seam. At least the paid for it.

- , Sun CIty, AZ, USA

Jul 292010

Civic LX

Problem #5 - now REALLY. The dealer was so smug when I asked why I had to pay for it. Ha! Ha! Class action suit. I got my money back but not with interest!!!

- , Freeport, PA, USA

Dec 012010

Civic EX Coup 1.8L

Sun Visor went out a month or two after getting the car. Went to Honda to try to sell my vehicle and instead of charging me $150 for check up they gave me a courtesy check for free and replaced my visor no charge. Have other issues with the vehicle but said nothing was wrong with it. Went to another Honda and quoted me at $2688!

- , tampa, FL, USA

Oct 142007

Civic SI

It could have caused an huge accident on the freeway when I pull the sun visor down to protect my eyes while driving and it just brakes and flies off the window!!!

- , Napa, CA, USA

Aug 102010

Civic

Just when I thought this only happened to me! Yep, my driver's side sun visor has become a safety hazard. Sure, I may have a lot of miles on my car but it's still only over 3 years old and the visor crapped out??!! I tried Gorilla Glue Epoxy and that lasted about 3 minutes. So...I'm gonna try the few suggestions on installing screws to keep it together cause I'm not paying $70+ for a stupid visor! Hope this screw thing works though!!

FIX IT HONDA....maybe I should as nicely. Honda, can you please fix this problem so others aren't jeopardizing their safety? Thank you.

- , Pittsfield, NH, USA

Oct 152009

Civic Hybrid

Faulty Visor splits due to poor craftsmanship. It is not only a danger but annoying. I use my visors to hold a sun shade in place and because it's broken I cannot use either.

- , Orange, CA, USA

Aug 172010

Civic

not so happy that warranty expired two months before the visor separated, and kept falling down while i was driving long distance. an unnecessary safety problem that cost me time and money.

- , Milw, WI, USA

Oct 012007

Civic 4 cyl

both visors have been replaced 3 times due to them separating.

- , Merced, CA, USA