2007 Honda Civic brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Honda Civic:

2007 Honda Civic Owner Comments

Feb 082016

1. I see airbags warning in my car but it is not in the recall list. 2. driver side sunvisor is not working. 3. in initial years, had to change the brakes so many times (almost every year) - no receipts are saved.

- Plainsboro, NJ, USA

Mar 102015

Takata recall:I see SRS warning in my car for few days and the alarm disappears after few days. This is happening again and again. After I get my car diagnosed with Honda dealer, my car got airbag problem but not covered under recall. I had to change the disk brakes of this car more frequently. They do not last even for 15000 miles.

- Plainsboro, NJ, USA

Feb 012012

Uneven tire wear. Honda won't replace the bad control arms because I put on snow tires and they said that voids any warranty I would have, I've gone through several sets of tires now. Steering wheel shakes badly anytime I go over 50 mph. Brakes have issues. The car is unsafe and Honda won't do anything about it.

- Meridian, ID, USA

May 012007

The contact owns a 2007 Honda Civic. When the brake pedal was depressed, the vehicle failed to respond. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic, who diagnosed that the front brakes needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired but the failure persisted. The contact mentioned that the brakes were replaced once a year on the vehicle. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was unavailable.

- Federal Way , WA, USA

May 012013

Civic 4-cyl

I keep changing brakes and rotors. I have done this 2-3 times so far. The steering keeps shaking violently when you apply brakes. If you don't change the rotors, this problem will get worse, so I am forced to keep changing the rotors every other year. Over the years, I have had many Honda cars. I don't believe this is a normal wear and tear condition. I believe there's a fundamental safety problem with the brakes or the rotors. Not sure what is wrong, but I believe there's a safety issue with Honda Civic 2007rotors and brake system that someone needs to look into it. Please look into this.

- South Weber, UT, USA

May 012013

Civic 4-cyl

I have had my vehicle for 2 years now. In that time I have put only 20000 miles on the vehicle. I have had to replace my tires twice already on the vehicle due to uneven wear on the tires. The camber of the tires is affected by the rear control arms. This also caused the rear suspension to wear, which I have already had to replace on the vehicle. When breaking my steering wheel shakes affecting my steering. This is caused by the uneven inner tire wear on this vehicle. I am concerned for the safety on this vehicle and I believe other similar vehicles might have the same issue. It is also become a quite expensive problem for me to have to deal with on this vehicle. To whom it may concern, thank you!

- Rancho Cucamonga, CA, USA

Apr 092014

Civic 4-cyl

I just had to replace the tires for the second time on this car. The car is expiring uneven tire wear. This does effect braking of the car as well. Honda has admitted that the rear control arm is to short effecting suspension and tire wear. This is dangerous because the visible part of my tire looked fine, plenty of tread and about 38000 on a 90000 mile tire. The inside of the tire was so worn it actually had a hole worn in it. This wear issue could cause a tire to fail while traveling at a high rate of speed. Please help the owners of these vehicles get a recall from Honda before someone is hurt.

- Elkhart, IN, USA

Jul 112012

Civic 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2007 Honda Civic. The contact stated while inspecting the vehicle, he noticed that the high mount brake light failed to work. The vehicle was not taken to a dealer for diagnostic testing. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The approximate failure mileage was 60,000 and the current mileage was 100,000.

- Los Angeles, CA, USA

Oct 302012

I was driving and all of a sudden my vsa ABS and emergency brake lights came on"?? I pulled over and shut down my car then it disappeared please help me with this issue I notice there was a recall for 06 Civics about wheel speed sensor... this is probably due to this? I heard alot from forums that this can cause this" please help us all with this issue and fix this...thanks

- Haverhill, MA, USA